Sponsored by:

Weight saving in replacing techart spoiler with Rennspd Ducktail

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Tried the black ring look. It looks good but too aggressive for my driving competence I.e. looks meaner than I currently pedal.
I don't know, looks pretty perfect to me.

Kudos for trying the mod in the first place. Looks like you're doing exactly what you set out to do with it in the first place, have fun with it. We're lucky we have so much Porsche racing history to inspire our creativity with these cars.

BTW, years and years ago I remember reading your posts about the 3.6T. You were always so honest and descriptive about "life with the Turbo", that it really gave me a better understanding of the "lifestyle" I hoped to one day be part of. So it's a little sad that I'm reading that the Turbo might have to go. But now that I have my car I have a better understanding of what you're going through. It still seems crazy to get rid of it, and there can't be another one like it in your country? It's something that can drive you mad; you know you probably never own another one like it and the values are only going to continue to climb. BUT, what fun is it if you can't have the type of fun with it that you want to have? Seems like you're making the right decision with the C4.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda double posting here but...

I love the ducktail look and the wheels look super sharp. I was wondering if you've noticed any changes in oil temperature readings...seems like your engine compartment airflow would be different than the stock 964 spoiler or the techart spoiler that you replaced...would love to hear your thoughts!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

I think it looks fantastic with the black accents.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:54 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Looks great.

I have also been toying with the idea of replacing my massive Strosek tail with a simple duck tail.

Quick Reply: Weight saving in replacing techart spoiler with Rennspd Ducktail