STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if he has, he's keeping quiet for now!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Isn't this car posted for sale on Pelican? What does RL have anything to do with it?

Maybe the seller owed you a first right if refusal if there was intent to buy with asking for a PayPal address for deposit. This is not directed to you Opo but many buyers have flaked even after putting down a deposit. The seller needs to do what is right for him on a car that is prices under market. $500 over asking would still be a great buy number.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 133 Posts

As quick as coupes are selling these days, my priority would have been to get a deposit in his pocket and eliminate any doubt.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
As quick as coupes are selling these days, my priority would have been to get a deposit in his pocket and eliminate any doubt.
Here's a copy of our txt conversation, I think I made my self clear that I wanted the car in this txt, money for the car or a dep was not a problem on my end, maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm not, but in my opinion this colin guy doesn't have NO WORD!

Here's the txt conversation , I'm not that good with computers but this is all I could do to show it here

Last edited by Opo; 07-03-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:48 PM
njansenv
Advanced

To opo, I'm sorry to say that I would have done the same things as the seller. I've had way too many people say 'they'll buy' and then back out or disappear. Downpayment, in hand, from the first person who gets it to me....and apologies to anyone else who was interested.

As a buyer, I don't consider the car held until I've given a deposit - I've even emailed the deposit to hold a car if it was obviously a great deal.

You'll find another car: no need to make it a personal vendetta against someone who's just trying to sell their car.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM
sc
Racer

Originally Posted by njansenv
To opo, I'm sorry to say that I would have done the same things as the seller. I've had way too many people say 'they'll buy' and then back out or disappear. Downpayment, in hand, from the first person who gets it to me....and apologies to anyone else who was interested.

As a buyer, I don't consider the car held until I've given a deposit - I've even emailed the deposit to hold a car if it was obviously a great deal.

You'll find another car: no need to make it a personal vendetta against someone who's just trying to sell their car.
+1

Plus it seems it was just over text. The seller left their number on the ad I would have just called straight up. I see no fault on the sellers side here whatsoever.

Jumping the gun just for the sake of placing ill on others is just bad taste.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Chsu74, It's not personal vendetta at all, I think the problem here is that people that commit and never come through ruined it for others, I'm a very active member and a crazy enthusiast , I love this place and I will never do what he did to me to another RL member, as for njonsev and sc once you pony up the membership fee and become a active member your opinion will change, as for finding another car, I'm not in NO hurry one will come along just like my other 911's did
I'm done here my friends
Old 07-15-2013, 04:37 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

I do see your point Opo's, but the seller is not a regular like you. I am sure that if he was, he would have done exactly as you would, I am sure that most regular users will know you and would have held on for you. My guess is that you would have gone the $500 more too if the car had been worth it.

You, Like me and a few others that have been looking for the right car have all lost out on a car that we really wanted.

On the funny side, at least you've got 3 other 964's to play with, some of us don't even have one!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I love this place and I will never do what he did to me to another RL member, as for njonsev and sc once you pony up the membership fee and become a active member your opinion will change
That's uncalled for. And I've been a "paid member" much, much longer than you.

But, since you brought up membership - the original seller is not a paid Rennlist member either. So if membership is so important to you, then you should not have been dealing with him in the first place.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

The seller is hardly a Rennlist member. Dude has had an account registered for years and all his posts are in this thread when he leveraged our community to sell his car.

Perhaps he should have lurked a bit more before listing it, then he might not have missed the mark so badly on pricing.

The way the car was priced, I momentarily considered picking it up, swapping out the Recaros and other goodies into my car, then easily reselling it w/ standard parts for more than I would have paid.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Technically, according to the Rennlist TOS (see the sticky at the top of the forum), only "paid Rennlist members" are allowed to sell parts or cars on the forum. Not that it is enforced in any way.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ken D
That's uncalled for. And I've been a "paid member" much, much longer than you.

But, since you brought up membership - the original seller is not a paid Rennlist member either. So if membership is so important to you, then you should not have been dealing with him in the first place.
You know ken , I didn't even realize that he wasn't a member maybe that explains it all!!
I will put this behind me and move on, thanks everyone for your opinions wether we agree or disagree
Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Opo
I will put this behind me and move on, thanks everyone for your opinions wether we agree or disagree

Quick Reply: 1992 Porsche 911 964 C2 5spd Coupe for sale