Sponsored by:

Clutch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Shamus964
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sml
wow .. his advice was quite helpful with a cool joke.
+964

Pretentious? Snarky? Wow - good luck getting excellent, spot-on, and free advice from much more experienced people who don't need suffer pomposity or attitude lightly OP.

This is BY FAR the best forum for 964 info on the web and it's also one of the nicest groups of folks I've ever interacted with on any of the several forums I frequent. If you're going to have fun here and learn about these excellent cars, I sincerely recommend you bring your sense of humor, and avoid taking yourself or the harmless quips of others so seriously.

Now, welcome to 964 ownership, you've made an awesome choice in 911's and internet communities!

On the clutch issue - I echo the sentiments expressed by others - the weak link in these cars when it comes to quick takeoffs is not the rear grip but the clutch. Just the nature of a 911 with good tires I'm afraid. The RS clutch and FW setup in my car has an upgraded pressure plate, but my tires are too sticky so even w/the extra clamping force I can't light them up once the tires are warm. You probably didn't hurt anything, but it is possible to break stuff trying to launch these cars from rest too aggressively.

Good luck and again, welcome.

Quick Reply: Clutch Issue