Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes mate. Replied via email.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 04:11 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

Sounds like great fun, not sure if the missus would appreciate moving house by herself that day though. Tell you what, post some quality pics and ill donate anyway (or even if not) - great cause Clinchy
Old 09-21-2013, 07:45 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the link for anyone wishing to come along for the day or just just give a couple of ££££s for a good cause

A big thanks to everyone who has signed up so far .... and please don't forget to make your £20 (minimum) donation to Chestnut Tree House

DONATION http://www.justgiving.com/911-at-Goodwood

and then send an email to Jonathan (with your name and address) to get your official Goodwood 911_50 sticker which will allow you to park in the Paddock and get on the parade lap (max 50 cars)

EMAIL: goodwood-charityday@hotmail.co.uk

Including a Porsche Centre Silverstone 1/2 day driving experience

A £250 Voucher towards the cost of a 4 wheel refurbishment

A Ctech car charger

A bespoke 911 car cover

Some Autoglym products
Old 09-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Shame I can't make it, but it's such a great cause I had to make a small contribution anyway......have fun guys and post pics and video!
Old 09-21-2013, 03:15 PM
r15suk
Instructor

Originally Posted by clinchy993
This is the link for anyone wishing to come along for the day or just just give a couple of ££££s for a good cause

A big thanks to everyone who has signed up so far .... and please don't forget to make your £20 (minimum) donation to Chestnut Tree House

DONATION http://www.justgiving.com/911-at-Goodwood

and then send an email to Jonathan (with your name and address) to get your official Goodwood 911_50 sticker which will allow you to park in the Paddock and get on the parade lap (max 50 cars)

EMAIL: goodwood-charityday@hotmail.co.uk

Including a Porsche Centre Silverstone 1/2 day driving experience

A £250 Voucher towards the cost of a 4 wheel refurbishment

A Ctech car charger

A bespoke 911 car cover

Some Autoglym products
I'm assuming those doing the trackday park in the paddock but don't do the parade lap. Is that right?

Cheers
Simon
Old 09-21-2013, 04:19 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by r15suk
I'm assuming those doing the trackday park in the paddock but don't do the parade lap. Is that right?

Cheers
Simon
There are 3 paddocks the one nearest track enterance is exclusive to us track day lads

Your sticker should be on its way as long as you gave Jonathan OC your address

You can do parade lap and photshoot if you want Track dayers access all areas
Old 09-21-2013, 04:22 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Shame I can't make it, but it's such a great cause I had to make a small contribution anyway......have fun guys and post pics and video!
Cheers bud
There will be lots of photos and Gopro vids
Old 09-24-2013, 02:25 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Andrew and Mike thanks for sorting out your TD spot

UK 964 buddies I have one space still to sell and might consider a morning /afternoon split day between 2 if you want

Anytakers
Old 10-01-2013, 01:09 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now is the time to show my absolute novice status in calling for you track day boys for advice.
1. Obviously it's not a good idea to run on a full tank of fuel, so do you guys take a few jerry cans of fuel to top up? I assume that Goodwood has a fuel pump somewhere in the grounds or do you have to leave the track and fill up outside?
2. A puncture would be a nightmare, so does anyone know of a good tyre shop in the area just in case ?
3. Clinchy, I'm not sure how the all area pass works but I'm thinking of bringing my son and/or a friend along so do I need a pass for them as well.
4. Is it advisable to take a spare set of pads? Not sure how long they will last.
5. Is it advisable to do an oil change before a track day ?
6. Lastly I have a fabspeed exhaust with the option of running straight thru pipes, does anyone have any idea whether this would exceed the noise limit?
7. Watched a few videos does anyone have a good track guide diagram they can point me to to study the best line.

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the opportunity BigUnit and Clinchy.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Now is the time to show my absolute novice status in calling for you track day boys for advice.
1. Obviously it's not a good idea to run on a full tank of fuel, so do you guys take a few jerry cans of fuel to top up? I assume that Goodwood has a fuel pump somewhere in the grounds or do you have to leave the track and fill up outside?
2. A puncture would be a nightmare, so does anyone know of a good tyre shop in the area just in case ?
3. Clinchy, I'm not sure how the all area pass works but I'm thinking of bringing my son and/or a friend along so do I need a pass for them as well.
4. Is it advisable to take a spare set of pads? Not sure how long they will last.
5. Is it advisable to do an oil change before a track day ?
6. Lastly I have a fabspeed exhaust with the option of running straight thru pipes, does anyone have any idea whether this would exceed the noise limit?
7. Watched a few videos does anyone have a good track guide diagram they can point me to to study the best line.

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the opportunity BigUnit and Clinchy.
Mike, I'm not there this weekend but here's my 2p:

1. Arrive with a full tank. You're not doing qualifying laps so don't worry about the extra weight. You'll get quicker as the day goes on, mostly by learning the track and partly by losing weight.
2. A puncture is more likely on the road than on the track. Don't worry about that.
3. See Tony.
4. I recall that you recently changed your pads. They'll last the day.
5. Unless your oil is very old, change it after the track day.
6. Be prepared for the fabspeed to be borderline for passing noise. Forget straight pipes.
7. Presumably there are instructors available for hire on the day. You'll learn a lot more from those than watching videos.

Enjoy yourself.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:33 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good advice. Thanks Boxey.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 AM
oldtimer
Racer

I'll just confirm all of what boxsey911 says . Full tank helps add some weight to the front which helps reduce understeer , you wont be accelerating fast enough to notice any weight penalty !

The thing to be careful of is noise , its a 105 day which is the loudest allowed for Goodwood , which is no problem for a standard 964 exhaust system which makes about 100db at 4500 rpm. If you can get yours checked before Sat that would be good......see you there !
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Mike make sure you attend the safety brief

There is a fuel at the local Sainsbury 2 miles away

How old is your boy ? to go out in car on track he has to be over 14 yrs old and taller than 1.5m

We have to ARDs instructors for you to use through the day MAKE use of them they are free !!

Noise is 105db, talk to your fellow 964 gang on the morning for tips on the noise test, make you car as quiet as you can

Take it easy in the morning you have all day to gain knowledge of the circuit and build you speed as you gain confidence .no one will get annoyed if you take it easy, the instructors and I will be monitoring the whole day and there will be a point of contact at all times in the Jackie Stewart suite with radio links to me

There are a good few first timers on this so you are in good company

Please check in on the last few pages of the Track day thread on 911 UK for all the updates
Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

I hope those who came had a good time, it looks like we have raised just over £5000 for the Children's Hospice so thanks Chaps

First Gopro vid is up

As Goodwood is quite a small circuit I thought it would not be very technical but as it is so fast,it dawns on you just how you need to really think about your corners and hard braking !! great fun

Old 10-08-2013, 01:48 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice one Tony. The watch was well worth another donation.

Quick Reply: 911-50 Goodwood Charity track day