Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Boxsey! I'm actually purchasing some KWV3 coilovers and wanted to know if I should do the sway bars at the same time (so I don't need to do a realignment twice). Since I don't need to realign for the sway bars, I'll likely delay the sway bar purchase for a bit.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HalV
Thanks Boxsey! I'm actually purchasing some KWV3 coilovers and wanted to know if I should do the sway bars at the same time (so I don't need to do a realignment twice). Since I don't need to realign for the sway bars, I'll likely delay the sway bar purchase for a bit.
Your approach is a good one in my book...you'll get to feel what happens to the car as a result of new suspension + alignment and then you'll feel the change when you do the sway bars later. You may even be so happy with the new suspension that you won't bother doing the sway bars for some time. If at all. If you do both at once, you've no benchmark to assess the results.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after the KWV3s
Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure would be easier to install the front bar while everything else is happening though...
Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Sure would be easier to install the front bar while everything else is happening though...
For sure.

I removed my stock front bar to update the bushings while my whole front suspension was in pieces and it was still fiddly to navigate the bar through the mess down there.

I would imagine the thicker H&R bar would be more challenging, especially if the rest of the suspension is in the way.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Defiant
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put H&Rs on Daffy this past week. Feels good on road but haven't been to the track with it yet. I am heading to COTA with it in two weeks so I should have some impressions soon.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Your approach is a good one in my book...you'll get to feel what happens to the car as a result of new suspension + alignment and then you'll feel the change when you do the sway bars later. You may even be so happy with the new suspension that you won't bother doing the sway bars for some time. If at all. If you do both at once, you've no benchmark to assess the results.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after the KWV3s
That's sorta what I was thinking, too. Plus I'm adding some safety equipment, so my P-car budget is definately maxing out for the year. I ordered the KW V3s on Thursday night but they're on back order so no ETA.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:32 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KaiB
Yeah, that was my original thought, but then I looked at my P-Car budget. I'm already pushing it with the suspension and I might decide to purchase a set BFG Rivals yet this year.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Defiant
Just put H&Rs on Daffy this past week. Feels good on road but haven't been to the track with it yet. I am heading to COTA with it in two weeks so I should have some impressions soon.
I'm looking forward to reading a track report.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars