Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS America STOLEN

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:31 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey guys, yes it didn't end well for the car. Its in a sorry state. It would almost be worth the work if the roof hadn't been cut. Once that was cut out the integrity of the chassis is gone the only way to reuse it is as to cage it and make it a race car. Ironically I took it off the track and was making it a pure street car just prior to it being stolen. Both front fenders, glass, wheels, dash/underdash, instruments etc are all gone. I'll add up what it would take to do something with it, straight chassis, all the running gear/suspension is there but it all will be what the insurance company comes back with. If I don't do something I will make sure everyone knows where it goes, I'd love to see it live again...
Old 05-08-2013, 02:48 PM
NateSaJack
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR, been following this since you reported her missing. Not the end we were all hoping for...
Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, so sorry to see what's happened mate. Either way the insurance will hopefully have you covered and you'll be back in a 964 soon!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Angry

Very sorry Jim, this just plain sucks.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

What a shame! Everyday I get more and more frustrated from the lack of respect people display for some elses's property. And yes for the most of us this was paid for by hard earned money.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:38 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry to see this happen - and to end this way. Makes me ill.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Wikkid911
Remarkable
Rennlist Member

I was only saying to my other half the other day how good this story was to have got the car back and the thieves caught. Absolutely gutted when I saw the picture. What scumbags. To wreck a perfectly good car for what must have been pennies. What a complete amateur. Surely it would have been better to leave the car complete and sell it like that rather than all the exposure and risk of selling stolen parts. Very sad it ended like this.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
Hey guys, yes it didn't end well for the car. Its in a sorry state. It would almost be worth the work if the roof hadn't been cut. Once that was cut out the integrity of the chassis is gone the only way to reuse it is as to cage it and make it a race car.
I don't entirely agree with you. It would be a relatively straightforward job to graft new roof support panels into this shell and make it perfectly whole again without compromising the strength or structure. In fact we've just done a repair job on a 911S which started out as a rolled shell with heavy rust to repair as well, see here for details:
https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...al-or-not.html
With this shell there is no rust to contend with nor bent or damaged panels to find and replace. It's a cinch to repair in comparison to a typical restoration job.....

I suppose you could always stick it in a container and we'll send you back a 9m64RS America Clubsport 4 months later?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Sharker
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
I suppose you could always stick it in a container and we'll send you back a 9m64RS America Clubsport 4 months later?
Now THAT would be a silver lining.. you usually have a choice of where to get your insurance repairs done.. this shop is just a little further away than most
Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

..I suppose you could always stick it in a container and we'll send you back a 9m64RS America Clubsport 4 months later?
Now there's a plan...
Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well Jim, if you need inspiration:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...rrera-4-a.html
This car is now back in Sweden and won a slalom event with FTD on its first outing.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Jim, if you need inspiration:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...rrera-4-a.html
This car is now back in Sweden and won a slalom event with FTD on its first outing.
Damn, you guys do some nice work. Question, if you go to the trouble of that much restoration, how come the aluminum components (engine block, suspension, etc. aren't cleaned up?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigMikeATL
Damn, you guys do some nice work. Question, if you go to the trouble of that much restoration, how come the aluminum components (engine block, suspension, etc. aren't cleaned up?
Every build has a budget and we always do our best to deliver the agreed work within the budget and invariably this involves us putting more time in than we charge for. Unfortunately if there are items that we would like to do but are outside the scope of our work we have to allow the customer to decide if he wants to pay extra for these things to be done. Some do, some don't, it's as simple as that.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:16 AM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every build has a budget and we always do our best to deliver the agreed work within the budget and invariably this involves us putting more time in than we charge for. Unfortunately if there are items that we would like to do but are outside the scope of our work we have to allow the customer to decide if he wants to pay extra for these things to be done. Some do, some don't, it's as simple as that.
Makes sense to me. Again, excellent work.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Smokey7766
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

feeling sick about this....while right now it is in a terrible state you should take the time to resurrect her....you have enough people here that would be willing to lend a hand and turn a wrench....offer moral support even....(to quote an old TV show sort of)....." Gentlemen, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first Super RSA. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster."

Quick Reply: RS America STOLEN