Sponsored by:

How to dismantle seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
hamah
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to dismantle seats?

I want to refinish my leather surfaces using Color Plus. I'll look to install new leather if this does not work with the anticipated results.

I'd like to separate the back from the seat to allow for better access and coverage for the dye.

Looking at PET it seems fairly straight forward but I was worried about the back tilt release lever and any associated cables etc.

Has anyone done this here? Any tips or is it as straight forward as the diagram suggests?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have removed back from bottom several times, It's pretty easy. Remove the seat lay it on it's side. Mark a line with a black magic marker across the gears, In the center of the recline mechanism gears you will see a small screw deep inside with an allen head, remove the allen head bolt, I went and found a longer screw with the same threads, screw it back in a turn gigle the seat while pulling on the longer new bolt and a round dowl pin will come out. do this on both sides and detach some wiring from the seat back. This is how I remember it.

Quick Reply: How to dismantle seats?