Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade my 964 or buy and additional car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi guys,
Jack I understand your point of view...
The 964 is one of the most fantastic car to drive and if you have the money to tune it to a certain extend , do it ! ! you will enjoy it even more....!!
Personally I have come to an end with my car, I can't justify any more money spend to the performance gain ....plus the maintenance costs....
I have then planed( in a near future) to build a mid engine kit car, powered with a bike engine, a Fisher Fury Menace or an Eclips SM1,
Old 02-02-2013, 04:35 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kos11-12
Hi guys,
Jack I understand your point of view...
The 964 is one of the most fantastic car to drive and if you have the money to tune it to a certain extend , do it ! ! you will enjoy it even more....!!
Personally I have come to an end with my car, I can't justify any more money spend to the performance gain ....plus the maintenance costs....
I have then planed( in a near future) to build a mid engine kit car, powered with a bike engine, a Fisher Fury Menace or an Eclips SM1,
I think its a matter of finding a personal balance between usage , performance, style, and costs.

For me the 964 is an excellent beautiful well mannered classic fast road car and was good value for money until this last 6months. As a track car its a bit pricey for me to get the ultimate performance I'd want.

Sounds like Jack you got in at a bargain price with a nice car, you could just enjoy it in whatever way floats your boat!

Every time I see mine parked on my driveway I just think "you jammy bugger, you better appreciate every minute with that car".

After thought: no one ever lay on their death bed regretting owning too many great cars. Buy all of them! Fulvia, 944, MX5 these are legendary cars.

OT
Sounds like some fun plans kos! have you looked at the Sylva R1ot as a mid engined BEC?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Alex ,
I did a lot of research in recent 6 months, after driving my friend Fisher Fury...
The Sylva seam to be a very nice car but still a rear engine,
The Fury Menace and the Eclips are the best mid engine in my opinion but I would still need to modifie the chassis, for what I want to achieve , but possible at reasonable cost..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice guys.
I think I will definitely do the bodywork and then decide how much further to go.. will probably end up getting the shocks too.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 AM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack.pe - if you would like a contact for a quote on your bodywork let me know. I can get the guy that did my car to have a look if you want.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jack.pe
Thanks for the advice guys.
I think I will definitely do the bodywork and then decide how much further to go.. will probably end up getting the shocks too.
Or scrap the whole thing and come to SPA! www.london964owners.com
Old 02-06-2013, 04:44 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Jack.pe - if you would like a contact for a quote on your bodywork let me know. I can get the guy that did my car to have a look if you want.
Thanks Andrew... I have spoken to Tom (Lemass) already and he has agreed to do the work and upgrade my thread as he goes so am sorted. We can all watch as it happens...it is not m,ajor stuff, the rear corner above the light had a small bubble and will need cutting out, plus painting a replacement rear bumper panel to cover the exaust hole on the left. Possibly also the battery tray though need to look at it again as just seemed like surface rust.

Quick Reply: Upgrade my 964 or buy and additional car?