964 bikers - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

964 bikers

 
Old 01-15-2013, 02:02 AM
  #46  
RayB_911
User
 
RayB_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ND, USA
Posts: 223
Default

I have had few sport bikes some early. I.e 1983 Yamaha XJ900 that was fun a few years back and a "classic" 80's Kawasaki Ninja 900R. My favorite is my current bike that is a Hyper Sport "Touring", 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R. I have hard Givi bags, heated grips and a few other nice comfort items. Only been to 160 mph so far a few years back. Not sure I am brave enough to top that one.

Would like a K1200 or R1200RS BMW some day.
RayB_911 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 AM
  #47  
fanny bay r1
User
 
fanny bay r1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fanny Bay, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,038
Default

Originally Posted by RayB_911 View Post
I have had few sport bikes some early. I.e 1983 Yamaha XJ900 that was fun a few years back and a "classic" 80's Kawasaki Ninja 900R. My favorite is my current bike that is a Hyper Sport "Touring", 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R. I have hard Givi bags, heated grips and a few other nice comfort items. Only been to 160 mph so far a few years back. Not sure I am brave enough to top that one.

Would like a K1200 or R1200RS BMW some day.
A Busa and you haven't gone past 160 mph - man put it in 4th!!!
fanny bay r1 is offline  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:16 PM
  #48  
CBR786
User
 
CBR786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 549
Default

just the cbr fire blade worked my way up from scrambler to cbr 600 to 900

but love Porsche's more , especially the air cooled stuff
CBR786 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
  #49  
PChar
User
 
PChar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 434
Default

Ahhh the good old times,.. I used to ride competitively. I owned over 20 bikes over the last 30years. Mostly fast bikes but a handfull of dirt bike as well.
The last picture is my most recent project,.. anyone wants to guess the Frankenbike?

Attached Images    
PChar is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM
  #50  
fanny bay r1
User
 
fanny bay r1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fanny Bay, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,038
Default

You stuck either an RZ or TZ stroker engine in a first gen R1 chassis n'est pas???
fanny bay r1 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
  #51  
PChar
User
 
PChar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1 View Post
You stuck either an RZ or TZ stroker engine in a first gen R1 chassis n'est pas???
Nop, not really!
'06 GSXR600 front end, custom rear swingarm from europe, chassis and engine from RZ500 4 cyl 2T, wheels from a GSXR1100, lots of custom stuff on the bike. But the bodywork is effectively from first gen R1,..
PChar is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 PM
  #52  
fanny bay r1
User
 
fanny bay r1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fanny Bay, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,038
Default

Originally Posted by PChar View Post
Nop, not really!
'06 GSXR600 front end, custom rear swingarm from europe, chassis and engine from RZ500 4 cyl 2T, wheels from a GSXR1100, lots of custom stuff on the bike. But the bodywork is effectively from first gen R1,..
Excellent!! Good work!!
fanny bay r1 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM
  #53  
Smokey7766
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Smokey7766's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 382
Default

my last bike....won a trophy with her too....she's long gone now...I still miss her



Smokey7766 is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 12:45 PM
  #54  
Sten
User
 
Sten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 543
Default

OK, I'll play - Honda CBR600, BMW K1200RS and a Yamaha RD250F. Since it's an air cooled forum, here's the RD.
Attached Images  
Sten is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM
  #55  
RayB_911
User
 
RayB_911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ND, USA
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by fanny bay r1 View Post
A Busa and you haven't gone past 160 mph - man put it in 4th!!!
Yeah, is't it a waste! All these flat straight roads in ND and still haven't truly opened her up yet. Although, in the summer, I hit 100 mph every time I drive her. Maybe only for a fraction of a sec, but its still fun.
RayB_911 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM
  #56  
r15suk
User
 
r15suk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by Sten View Post
OK, I'll play - Honda CBR600, BMW K1200RS and a Yamaha RD250F. Since it's an air cooled forum, here's the RD.
Are they Allspeed expansion chambers?

Simon
r15suk is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 PM
  #57  
r15suk
User
 
r15suk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 233
Default

Originally Posted by PChar View Post
Nop, not really!
'06 GSXR600 front end, custom rear swingarm from europe, chassis and engine from RZ500 4 cyl 2T, wheels from a GSXR1100, lots of custom stuff on the bike. But the bodywork is effectively from first gen R1,..
Stunning!

Cheers
Simon
r15suk is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM
  #58  
PChar
User
 
PChar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by Sten View Post
OK, I'll play - Honda CBR600, BMW K1200RS and a Yamaha RD250F. Since it's an air cooled forum, here's the RD.
Barry, beautiful clean examplary of two stroke history here.
PChar is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM
  #59  
Sten
User
 
Sten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 543
Default

Originally Posted by r15suk View Post
Are they Allspeed expansion chambers?

Simon
No, they're Stainless made by David Higgs (Higgspeed) in sunny Blackpool. Lovely piece of work they are too.
Sten is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 09:46 PM
  #60  
Sten
User
 
Sten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 543
Default

Originally Posted by PChar View Post
Barry, beautiful clean examplary of two stroke history here.
Thanks, after nearly 20 years in boxes and three house moves I finally got round to restoring it!
Sten is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 964 bikers


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: