Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hazard/Emergency Flasher Switch - pics needed please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Hazard/Emergency Flasher Switch - pics needed please!

While checking wires and connections in the centre consol - just rooting around re the ABS sensor light which is intermittant,
I pulled the hazard/emergency flasher plug off the switch (pn 944 613 235 00) and the male side popped open and I lost the configuartion of the wiring ... doh!

I'm not sure how to read the white writing on the switch but I'm pretty sure the moulded numbers need to match up.
Question is which wires lug into which sockets on the plug??!!

I've puzzled over a few diagrams I've found .... like this one

but I'm not sure how to read it other than to match the numbers (which are printed on the plug) with the colors,
but the colors in the diagram aren't that clear. I don't want 'the burnimg smell'!!

I then found this (Bosch Library re switches, numbering, terminals which is really useful (i think?!) but it hasn't really sorted out my colour issues.

I then found this ... but it hasn't sorted out my numbering issues

Color code as per DIN 47002 (for twin color cables, base color is underlined)
ws white br brown gn green ge yellow gr gray rs pink bl blue rt red
sw black vi violet
wsbr white-brown wsgn white-green wsgr white-yellow wsbl white-blue
wsrt white-red wssw white-black brgn brown-green brge brown-yellow brbl brown-blue brsw brown-black gnge green-yellow gnrt green-red
gnsw green-black gebl yellow-blue gert yellow-red gesw yellow-black
grrt gray-red grsw gray-black rssw pink-black rsvi pink-violet blrt blue-red
rtsw red-black virt violet-red

So its likely obvious (hopefully to you dear reader) - please feel free to laugh - but my partial picture is this:

One thing thats a bit confusing is that there are 8 metal posts on the switich but only 7 wires available to the plug.

31 - brown, 30 - red, 58L - black/white, 58R - black/green, 49a - black/white/green, 49 -,black/yellow

58 and 15 are the one's I'm unsure of - seems per the diag they're both black/BL but I don't have any blue with black wires
... only plain black. But per the diag it seems 58 isn't wired so 15 must be black??

Apologies for the long and clearly confused post - any help appreciated as ever!

ps - light in switch works - any pics re cleaning/servicing switch insides also useful to me
Also the other two switches on the panel - door lock and ! warning light have the wires coming in from the bottom
however the way the switch is sitting and the way the wires enter the plug it seems the wires will enter from the top - is that right?
(and yes this is the last time I don't used the camera before moving a thing!!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

thanks Rob et al for the help - all working nicely
Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Glad you got it resolved.

Quick Reply: Hazard/Emergency Flasher Switch - pics needed please!