Sponsored by:

Slipper slope interior...RS carpet set and std rear quarter panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts
Smile Slipper slope interior...RS carpet set and std rear quarter panels

Have anyone installed the a RS carpet set and also put on std c2/c4 rear quarter panels? Does it work? Have a hard time getting suppliers of carpet to answer this..
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you going to keep the B pillar covers and rear parcel shelf as well? I think you will have to keep the B pillar covers as the quarter panels tuck under them. If you are getting rid of the rear shelf and replacing with carpet, you will probably find a bit of an awkward gap where it meets the quarters.

I have an RS 'Touring' style interior, keeping the rear parcel shelf, B pillar covers and rear quarter top caps, but got rid of the rear quarter panels; used the correct RS seatbelt reel covers instead. The only issue is the gap at the junction of the quarter panels and parcel shelf. Carpet doesn't take up the same thickness as the quarter panel.

Does that help? Reading back it just sounds waffley....
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed a rear parcel carpet the same as an RS and kept the stock quarter panels, however my carpet was made by Southbound, who adapted it to fit like that. They asked specifically when I ordered it, how I wanted it. They also use factory carpet so the match was faultless.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

I have a RS rear parcel carpet the same as an RS made by Southbound, now I like to replace everything. Like to see the options I have before I order RS carpet set or C2 carpet set. I have not seen anyone kept the quarterpanels if they installad a RS carpet set.
Have anyone of You pictures of your rear interior? Also pics pics of the correct RS seatbelt reel covers.
IS this a OEM Porsche part or can it be bought anywhere else?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad picture but you might get the idea!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:09 AM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

It's no problem at all to keep the standard quarters and it will look as in the pic above. I had this set up before I did go all in with a full cage and replaced all carpet with the appbiz-kit.

The covers are OEM-parts but I'm nit sure you can order them anymore, and if you can I think they are a bit $$$.

Thomas
Old 11-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Ok that is the way my car look at the moment. C2 carpet with the southbound RS bit in the rear. I think will go for RS carpet set and new quarters. Want to keep the car a bit street oriented with option to put the rear seats back in. I have found the most parts are available but there is a need to look the other way when paying for them. I believe the result will be great.

Last edited by Henrik964; 11-08-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Slipper slope interior...RS carpet set and std rear quarter panels