Sponsored by:

A few iPhone Singer pics..

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 11:48 AM
The Greek
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Singer Vehicle Design = Pimp my ride, Porsche edition.
I refer to Singer cars as Fat 911's. The cars are all out of proportion due to the amateur effort to make a longnose 911 more "muscular".
Hopefully the 964 butchering fad dies out before every decent 964 disappears into the void. Sadly, it may be too late
I go back and forth on how Singer 911 proportions are, as I obviously love the clean lines of my 964. But amateurish? Come on dude. The quality of their builds cannot be understated.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:09 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
Singer Vehicle Design = Pimp my ride, Porsche edition.
I refer to Singer cars as Fat 911's. The cars are all out of proportion due to the amateur effort to make a longnose 911 more "muscular".
Hopefully the 964 butchering fad dies out before every decent 964 disappears into the void. Sadly, it may be too late
different but gorgeous. Agree to disagree
Old 07-18-2021, 11:38 AM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by The Greek
But amateurish? Come on dude. The quality of their builds cannot be understated.
The execution of the their builds are outstanding. I'm referring to the re-styling they do. Maybe I should have said "cartoon-ish" but my point is, IMO, they look way off from a styling standpoint.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:05 PM
jpoint
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 216 Posts

Just came from the Brian Redmond historic races. From a street car perspective, many race cars look what one might call "cartoon-ish" because the original lines of the street car have been so exaggerated . However, the exaggerations are generally functional or were seen as functional at the time. The Singer cars seem to fall somewhere in the middle between original and race car exaggerated. Some of the styling is just styling, some is functional. Whether you like the end result is personal. Some folks would never buy a "Skittle" colored Porsche but if you own one it's worth a strong premium in the current market. Some of those cars sat in showrooms waiting for a buyer who appreciated something other than a red, black, silver, or white 911. At the end of the day - you make it yours and enjoy it. Some will love your decisions - some will not. Say what you want about Singer - there are more people taking narrow body 964's and fattening them up (body wise) than people taking wide body 964's and narrowing them down.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:56 AM
joerg65
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jpoint
Just came from the Brian Redmond historic races. From a street car perspective, many race cars look what one might call "cartoon-ish" because the original lines of the street car have been so exaggerated . However, the exaggerations are generally functional or were seen as functional at the time. The Singer cars seem to fall somewhere in the middle between original and race car exaggerated. Some of the styling is just styling, some is functional. Whether you like the end result is personal. Some folks would never buy a "Skittle" colored Porsche but if you own one it's worth a strong premium in the current market. Some of those cars sat in showrooms waiting for a buyer who appreciated something other than a red, black, silver, or white 911. At the end of the day - you make it yours and enjoy it. Some will love your decisions - some will not. Say what you want about Singer - there are more people taking narrow body 964's and fattening them up (body wise) than people taking wide body 964's and narrowing them down.
I agree with most of the points you make but (unless I’m out of touch - which may be the case!) it seems that there is a growing trend to keeping and appreciating narrow body’s particularly where the car’s a daily.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 276 Posts

I could take or leave the Singer cars for years until they came out with the DLS Singer/Williams cars. I would take that car over ANY production car in the world. The proportions work on that car.

Mr. Wolfe
Old 02-05-2022, 05:06 PM
spooky69
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts

It seems the OP has not posted on here for some years, which is a shame. Stunning work on their cars, as it should be of course!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:49 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

You can follow OP on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/maz_fawaz?utm_medium=copy_link
The following users liked this post:
spooky69 (02-06-2022)

Quick Reply: A few iPhone Singer pics..