Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Some pics (mostly taken by my son )

Old 09-30-2012, 02:03 PM
VR6-er
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great day, really enjoyed myself, especially the last 7 miles of the blast down to Forest Green - drive it like you stole it!!

The car park was full at the Rowbardge. If it carries on growing like this we're going to have to find an alternative start venue. In fact given the traffic situation, perhaps people would like to consider moving the start 5 miles further West and avoiding Dorking?
Old 09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics from the Parrot

Nice!
Attached Images    
Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vic_S
...and a great turnout of different models! Biggest group yet??And good to catch up with old & new faces.

I think everyone made it to The Parrot despite my efforts Bring back Darren. LOL

Here's to the next one!
Great to meet you Vic! And thanks to all who extended a warm welcome. Really enjoyed today luckily I have local knowledge as it came in handy twice helping 'The Lost Boys' find the Parrot. Also really enjoyed the backroad Renn Sport session with the owner of the red 964. We were on it bigtime!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PurpleEnemy
Great to meet you Vic! And thanks to all who extended a warm welcome. Really enjoyed today luckily I have local knowledge as it came in handy twice helping 'The Lost Boys' find the Parrot. Also really enjoyed the backroad Renn Sport session with the owner of the red 964. We were on it bigtime!
Would have loved to have kept up but six year old passenger and winter tyres made me err on side of caution. Purple rump looked fine.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:20 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Would have loved to have kept up but six year old passenger and winter tyres made me err on side of caution. Purple rump looked fine.
And I must say that Maritime blue with RS ducts looked absolutetly stunning. It's a really late one too. My eyes felt they had a special treat today. I enjoyed being your guide and pathfinder
Old 09-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Lemass Automotive
Rennlist Member

Quite annoyed I didn't make it today
Definatly at brooklands though.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM
therevday
Advanced

A Lovely way to spend a Sunday! Nice to meet everybody and see plenty of great cars! Cheers Guys
Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemass Automotive
Quite annoyed I didn't make it today
Definatly at brooklands though.
Don't worry Tom, the Stoke Poges massive was well represented!!

Good to see everyone today, great turnout & some cracking cars. Loved the yellow RS, looked very sharp in my mirrors.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great cars today, lovely seeing new cars and faces!

Brownie points to MFRSR/ Marc for coming all the way down - I intend on going up to the Midlands for a meet since the example has been set. Big thanks to Scott for affording me a passenger seat - boy is that car fast!

Hopefully next time I'll be back with B.Betty and the 'London 964 Owners' decals for the new gents.

PS. Scott here's what it would look like...
Attached Images  

Last edited by Porsche964FP; 09-30-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:18 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

Cheers Vic...it was great today. Defo biggest 964 gathering ive seen and they were all mega!

@purple enemy...loved that too...you seemed to earn 100% of my trust in a blink an eye/ as the road opened up and you took off..rude not to follow and get close to the red line!! great fun and more of this next time to compete with the west midlands boys.

JLJ11 and i then went a very direct/ single lane route back to the M25...not fun...especially when a landy defender appears suddenly...BRAKE!!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 PM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, yeah that route was a little tense.. i'm sure u don't need to know how i nearly ran right into the back of you at that Land rover moment....
Old 09-30-2012, 06:52 PM
mf_rsr
Pro

...sounds like a lucky escape. i was equally worried/ jealous about how sideways you were in my rear view at one point...next time we'll ignore the satnav ;-)
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

Originally Posted by mf_rsr
@purple enemy...loved that too...you seemed to earn 100% of my trust in a blink an eye/ as the road opened up and you took off..rude not to follow and get close to the red line!! great fun and more of this next time to compete with the west midlands boys.
What a mad backroad session!
We were seriously on it...
What about that sharp left hand corner on a crest of a hill?
Mental note to self - get a Go Pro!
The backend of The Purple Enemy was way over the centreline in the red in third and the limiter kicked in.
I was seriously impressed that 'The Red Mist' was never small in my rear view mirror at any stage.
I am a massive fan of your work.
Taking into account the fact I am the type of driver who the retired Sheriff who does the cops chasing hillbillies TV show would refer to as a 'crazed maniac who careens down surface streets without a care for life or limb' I have to say it was a pleasant surprise I didn't lose you. Not that I would have wanted to.
I relish the thought that there could perhaps be a 'round 2' at some stage in the future. Best five minutes of the year - period!
In summation - you made my day... You nutcase!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
PurpleEnemy
Instructor

It's official - Scott's Egnaro 4* is BAAAD!

* Egnaro is orange backwards!

Quick Reply: LONDON 964 OWNERS - Meets