Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   LONDON 964 OWNERS - Meets (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/704788-london-964-owners-meets.html)

Porsche964FP 07-03-2012 08:19 AM

LONDON 964 OWNERS - Meets

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Gents, I hope this finds you all well.

I see there have been a serious lack of meets recently! I hadn't organised them since I wouldn't be able to take part and thought someone who could attend would be more suited to organise them...

I hope to one day make a meet!

In an attempt to get things going again, who would like to step up and organise the next date for a meet?

The usual and popular format !

DRIVE & LUNCH :cheers:

11AM THE ROW BARDGE .
7 Riverside, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1LW

01PM THE PARROT INN
Forest Green, Surrey RH5 5RZ

Confirmed:
1. RSVP________________________________More the merrier!

jack.pe 07-03-2012 09:18 AM

I'd be happy to organise this.. but have not even been to one before. Not sure on any road route that is used on the run and so on.. Anyone who's been before happy to step up? I will definitely attend and we should do it while it is still (technically) summer.

bigunit_271078 07-03-2012 10:54 AM

Am hoping to get to these in August / Sept /October.

PaulW_964 07-03-2012 05:48 PM

Yep, I'm with Andrew and was planning on trying to start turning up again in August :thumbup:

Ajstephe 07-03-2012 05:53 PM

August sounds good to me. I'm extremely busy over the olympics and all my weekends will be spent working so won't be free until after the end of it. Hopefully it would've stopped raining by then as well

jack.pe 07-04-2012 05:42 AM

Well, I am good with August too. How about the 11th? Unfortunately I am off from the 12th to 19th. So will have to be before or after those dates if the 11th no good. Also who will organise?

timrichardson 07-05-2012 06:00 AM

Count me in...hopefully my broken odometer will be fixed by then, car has been unusable for last 3 weeks and just been told have another 3 to go until my Indy gets it back :(

Strega(UK) 07-05-2012 10:33 AM

Will try and make this one as it has been a while since the last time we met at the Row Bardge.

jack.pe 07-05-2012 11:34 AM

Somebody has to organise it though...!!

Does anyone know the route of the drive? Frank, can you let me know and I will try to organise this for the 11th August.

I am happy to arrange but need to know the details and will then start a new thread..

Strega(UK) 07-05-2012 01:09 PM

We need Darren AKA HEV964. He knows the roads very well and keeps a very good pace.

Vic_S 07-06-2012 07:33 AM

Don't think I can make this, but I've tried to write up a route below, which you can hopefully follow, if Darren can't make it either. Should take about +/-40 mins

From Barge Row:-

Head back under A3, following signs to Dorking/Leatherhead
At top of Stoke Road, pick up the A25 (signed Dorking Leatherhead)
Go straight through traffic lights for A246 (signed Leatherhead)
Continue through E. Horsley.
Turn Right into Green Dene
Continue along Crocknorth & then Ranmore Ccommon
Turn right into Station Road (leads into Dorking centre)
Turn left into West Street
Keep in right lane, then turn right into South Street
As it curves right, take the 2nd exit on left into Falkland Rd
Immediatley, follow sign for Coldharbour, turning right into Coldharbour Lane
Stay on this road, past “The Plough” & it turns into Abinger Road
Follow this, bearing left at junction, until it turns into Etherly Hill
Turn Right at junction with B2126
Follow to Forest Green & Pub.:thumbsup:

Have a good one:thumbup:

jack.pe 07-06-2012 07:43 AM

Ok, am staring another thread for the 11th August. I'll be going even if nobody else turns up...

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...th-august.html

cuse92 07-07-2012 05:40 PM

Frank - IF you want to come on the 11th let me know and you can hitch a ride (haven't been on PH in a while so havent seen how it is going with your car?)

Porsche964FP 08-22-2012 07:08 PM

September Meet

Originally Posted by jack.pe (Post 9657315)
I'd be happy to organise this.. but have not even been to one before. Not sure on any road route that is used on the run and so on.. Anyone who's been before happy to step up? I will definitely attend and we should do it while it is still (technically) summer.

Originally Posted by bigunit_271078 (Post 9657520)
Am hoping to get to these in August / Sept /October.

Originally Posted by PaulW_964 (Post 9658790)
Yep, I'm with Andrew and was planning on trying to start turning up again in August :thumbup:

Originally Posted by timrichardson (Post 9662298)
Count me in...hopefully my broken odometer will be fixed by then, car has been unusable for last 3 weeks and just been told have another 3 to go until my Indy gets it back :(

Originally Posted by Strega(UK) (Post 9662562)
Will try and make this one as it has been a while since the last time we met at the Row Bardge.

Originally Posted by Vic_S (Post 9664919)
Don't think I can make this, but I've tried to write up a route below, which you can hopefully follow, if Darren can't make it either. Should take about +/-40 mins

Follow to Forest Green & Pub.:thumbsup:

Have a good one:thumbup:

Originally Posted by cuse92 (Post 9668487)
Frank - IF you want to come on the 11th let me know and you can hitch a ride (haven't been on PH in a while so havent seen how it is going with your car?)

Right gents, following absence from my part and envy at the meets I've missed. Here is the date for the September meet! I hope this finds you all well and I look forward to catching up with you all :biggulp:

As always drop a line with your attendance!

Big thank you to Jack for organising the last meet.

DRIVE & LUNCH - Sunday 30th September :cheers:

11AM THE ROW BARDGE .
7 Riverside, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1LW

01PM THE PARROT INN
Forest Green, Surrey RH5 5RZ

Confirmed:
1. P964FP_______________________________Black C4 Coupe
2. Jack__________________________________Cobalt C4 Coupe
RSVP_________________________________________More the merrier!

jack.pe 08-23-2012 07:05 AM

I'll be there Frank!!!

Looking forward to it!!! and to seeing you car...