Airbag blinking CEL blinking No diagnose

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:48 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airbag blinking CEL blinking No diagnose

Weirdest problem:
Airbag light is flashing. Dismantle the center console, disconnect the airbag module, put a jumper beetwen 3 and 4, Light is off, but no diagnose possible.
Sometimes the CEL is flashing under 2kRPM, sometimes not
Bosch hammer tool can not connect to the car, swapped the dme board to another car and is working fine no CEL and bosch can read it.
So far we checked for continuity beetwen dme wiring and diagnostic plug, everything fine.
New alt(rebuild) new batt, no problem except for a small interrruption of engine at a specific temperature after starting(only one), maybe eng temp sensor...
I have an abs problem and a heating problem(when turning to hot temperature, fans are moving slower) and can not find the cause
Any help would be appreciated.
I also swapped the clock and the central informer computer from another car with no succes
Old 06-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Merle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the small interruption is when the car is switching from open loop to closed loop once it reaches operating temp. My car does this as well as a friends 964. At least that is my theory.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

how about the blinking airbag???
Old 06-22-2012, 07:22 AM
cobias1
Racer

Got any pics of these lights..as ive got lights on my dash and a **** and have no idea what they are for...lol
Old 06-24-2012, 06:31 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

it s the light form the clock
Old 06-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Merle
Racer

The clocks in these cars are notorious for malfunctioning due to breaks in the solder on the circuit board inside of it. See if you can find a known good clock to swap yours with just to troubleshoot.

Last edited by Merle; 06-24-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:40 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

The problem with the blinking airbag light has come to an end...blowing the pass airbag for no reason at 5kmph.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Merle
Racer

Did you have to cut your trip short by going home and changing your undearwear?
Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 AM
hamah
Pro

Originally Posted by doruiacovescu
The problem with the blinking airbag light has come to an end...blowing the pass airbag for no reason at 5kmph.
Which reinforces my thoughts about deleting both airbags in my car. I mean they are now almost 23 years old. I'm not sure what the factory expectations for life span were but these things are probably way past due for replacement...or removal. These are also early gen airbags that could possibly cause more injury than they would protect against when they go off.

Just not sure how insurance companies look at the situation...I suppose I should give them a call.

I did find this interesting thread on the topic..
Old 11-18-2013, 06:30 AM
CBR786
Pro

If you remove the airbag fuse if it has it (I am not sure) or disconnect the airbag crash sensors with battery disconnected this will introduce a airbag light on dash. I was always informed that once the airbag fault light is on the dash then the airbags are switched off as they go into a safe mode where they cannot deploy. So rather then removing and keeping the car looking original make the airbag light appear and live with the bulb lit in the dash display. I do not know how this would have an impact on yearly state inspections ? but in the UK I do not see it a problem passing inspections with light on. Then again I have a understanding tester maybe this is why I have no issues.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:41 AM
doruiacovescu
Racer

I did not change my underwear, but my friend has had some pretty ugly dents.
He had minor injuries at one knee, fingers, face and forearms. Plus the actual shock. If only i was driving at 200kmh...
The airbag frame has been dented, the dash destroyed, the airbag doors destroyed also.

Quick Reply: Airbag blinking CEL blinking No diagnose