Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear axle strut bushing shot - same as spring plate?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Elephant Bart
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seaflat
Ouch. and the fully adjustable whole unit is 750? Not sure which is more durable. This should be a 100 bucks part. I mean a set of koni's is less for the front end.

Not that I don't appreciate the feedback and investment to make something ...but
These bearings are quite expensive to manufacture. The cost of raw material, machining, plating and assembly is substantial. We also have a ton of upfront cost invested in R&D, Engineering, prototyping and testing. On top of that, the market for 993 parts is tiny. There is no volume to speak of. It will take a long time for us to even recoup the initial investment on these bearing, yet alone start making a profit.

For now we're glad to offer a solution to the growing problem and the least expensive fix on the market. But unless there's a substantial increase in demand for these bearings, it will not be financially feasible for us to offer them for less.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

Dear Bart: I'm with you on the front end costs as to bringing even a tiny part like door lock bellcranks to the list here...I'm trying to do this for the 924/944/928 guys on here, but I can't seem to get enough orders to justify their manufacture and just break even...Dang nice looking welds on those spring plates BTW...Presumeably, you have one heck of a TIG guy in your shop...Keep up the good work! thanks, Tiger 03447

Quick Reply: Rear axle strut bushing shot - same as spring plate?