Sponsored by:

Ac dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ac dilemma

i have been doing a lots of research trying to find answers to my ac system issues and would like you guys to chip in
1- at max cold, the fan is extremely weak either at speed 1 or 4, however, at 4 every now and then it will work fine for few minutes.
= my plan is to remove the ccu, clean all contacts and correct any bad connections
2- the last couple of days, with the setting at full cold, sometimes the compressor doesnt engage, but if i raise the temperature, it does. i noticed that only one of the two ac lines at the compressor are cold, and also noticed a large puddle of water under the car (center of front seats) after each drive (assuming its normal)
= i am thinking i have a leak some where and need to check freon level
3- all servos were tested and are working property
4- the rear blower works when i raise the temperature, in fact, the fan speeds work perfect then
i will appreciate any input
mike
Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

For compressor doesn't engage, but it will if raise the temperature, is it the evaporator freeze up problem? Ref: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...eezing-up.html
Old 05-15-2012, 01:41 AM
H964
Rennlist Member

Thanks a lot for the link, i think you hit it on the head! will post update
cheers
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

well, i tried pushing the evaporator sensor further down and suggested but it didnt make a difference.
anyone has the part # for a new sensor?

mike
Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 PM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by H964
well, i tried pushing the evaporator sensor further down and suggested but it didnt make a difference.
anyone has the part # for a new sensor?

mike
Old 05-30-2012, 03:18 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 259 Posts

You are describing a typical faulty fresh air servo scenario. A faulty fresh air servo will restrict the air flow. Are you really sure all servos are OK?
As far as I understand from you post you might have problems with the fan speed only at certain setting, not the others. If so, you might have a problem with the CCU fan control potentiometer. This could be fixed with some good electronics cleaner.
First thing is to check the refrigerant level. If it's too low the compressor will stop.
All details here:
www.porschehvac.bergvill.com
Cheers,
Tore
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

update:
both servos are working properly, and the temperature drop was caused by a bad evaporator sensor.
took the ccu out and cleaned it well, but it made no difference! however, i just realized that it was always working property as the passenger blower fan responded correctly to all setting! (duh moment)
conclusion: driver's side blower fan is not working! previous owner just replaced it before i bought the car, it looks like it has failed again!
any other way to verify blower fan operation?

Quick Reply: Ac dilemma