Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Original 964RS converted to a 964 Carrera2... genius !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
MQ_
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original 964RS converted to a 964 Carrera2... genius !!!

Whoooaaah I know some of you maybe thinking WTF!!!!!! and how original is this guy wanting to turn his 964RS into a Carrera 2 but that is exactly what I did!

Yeah the RS is a great car but for driving? Really?

One evening in a flash of inspiration (after a few cocktails, like tonight) I decided to change things for the better.

It hasn't been done before so I know I'm a first and a first is always a winner, right?

There is all this talk about converting the usual Carrera 2's and 4's to a 964RS replica but what about the other way round. Something like a Touring which Porsche produced in very rare sought after quantities. So I'm kinda not the first but only 20 years out and that's not a lot in Galaxy years or Porsche years as they have been around longer so I was told.

So firstly I had an electric sunroof installed.... yeeeeah! (until I can afford air con)

Then I had electric windows installed... whats with this windy down sh*t that you can't reach because of the harness getting in the way.

The next thing is to remove those weird looking lightweight RS bumpers along with the RS parts bin badge!

Not least, get rid of the crazy RPM 90 degree counter, I mean come on.... who puts a rev counter on it's side but still has turn indicators on it so when you turn left you think you're reversing and when you indicate right you are going forwards?!?!? Mental.

Yeah those wheels are nice but non original too, I've heard magnesium is used in every firework. Can't wait to put those on the bonfire on Guy Fawkes day (English 5th November AD1605 terrorism on British houses of parliament epic fail) whooooosh that'll make the kids eyes burn and ears bleed.

Hope you like the pics and agree with my creation... (hope the admins allow me to delete haters)

Would love to hear your comments (good ones)

Lechtbau beetles rule!

Small print:
In no way did I intentionally mean this to hurt anyone's feelings, apart from what I wrote. These are in whole or part not my feelings. If you find this regretful reading or viewing it's been nice not knowing you.

Love you bye
Attached Images       
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

How high were you when you posted this? Very funny stuff Beautiful C2/RS BTW.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MQ_
Whoooaaah I know some of you maybe thinking WTF!!!!!! and how original is this guy wanting to turn his 964RS into a Carrera 2 but that is exactly what I did!

Yeah the RS is a great car but for driving? Really?

One evening in a flash of inspiration (after a few cocktails, like tonight) I decided to change things for the better.....
First I was like

Originally Posted by MQ_
Small print:
In no way did I intentionally mean this to hurt anyone's feelings, apart from what I wrote. These are in whole or part not my feelings. If you find this regretful reading or viewing it's been nice not knowing you.

Love you bye
Then I was like Not sure if serious.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MQ_

Not least, get rid of the crazy RPM 90 degree counter, I mean come on.... who puts a rev counter on it's side but still has turn indicators on it so when you turn left you think you're reversing and when you indicate right you are going forwards?!?!? Mental.
This sounds insane ! If this isn't a joke, just keep the original parts just incase you sober up or sell it and buy a C2. Either way what a hell of a first post!
Old 05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Now you have to add ballast to the tune of 345 pounds or so to get the car to handle like a Carrera 2. I figure if you add five 60-pound bags of concrete, placing them optimally within the car, you'll be on your way!

...and you're going to have to get rid of the "RS" badge on the engine lid and put a "2" there. Brilliant.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Babalouie
Burning Brakes

I like the graffiti at your parking spot, mate
Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Babalouie
I like the graffiti at your parking spot, mate
Fake, added after the fact. Check the first interior photo - no graffiti on the wall in the background. HA..Ha...ha...
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

i probably shouldn't admit this, but...I'm so lost ????

i'VE had a couple to drink tonight though, so...
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

This car has tail light gaskets and I thought these were only installed on early model 964s. My car is a '91 and it doesn't have those tail light gaskets. One would assume a '92+ Carrera RS would not have these tail light gaskets either.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Merle
Racer

Originally Posted by Vandit
This car has tail light gaskets and I thought these were only installed on early model 964s. My car is a '91 and it doesn't have those tail light gaskets. One would assume a '92+ Carrera RS would not have these tail light gaskets either.
Are you implying that a strong aroma of BS is in the air?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Fog light switch, intensive washer switch, rear wiper switch.
Not an original RS to start with.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 AM
azander
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
I don't think the RS has that headlight rolly switch thing either (what is that for anyways?). I think he's kidding around.

I dig the car... whatever it is!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Black930
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe its to adjust the headlights. Not 100% sure.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:43 AM
f3nr15
Racer

Haha, I think it's a cheeky way of introducing his (lovely) RS-inspired C2. I suspect the sarcasm is lost online...
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 AM
f3nr15
Racer

(Oh, and IIRC, the rolly switch is to adjust the aim of the headlights depending on the load in the car for RHD vehicles)

Quick Reply: Original 964RS converted to a 964 Carrera2... genius !!!