Sell "as-is" or de-mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 AM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Frank,
I would race the car you have. Its actually cheaper to keep her
I am in the same shoes as you with my Club Sport. I thought it was to nice to race so I decided to build an entry level Spec 911. Guess what I have the same money in my spec 911 as it seems no one will pay for my Club Sport. The Club Sport has 320 HP the Spec 911 with its $16K injection class rule beater injection will be lucky to have 240hp with a gear box that I may or may not be in the right gear. In the end I now think it doesnt matter and I should have just said race the Club Sport. It was built to Race in PCA. Who really cares what class its in . At the end of the day do you want cheesey plastic tropheys to collect dust or someone to race against. Rember it only takes two cars to have a race. Lets just say your RSA is in PCA GT class. OK your up against an unlimited whatever weight to displacement whatever. Who cares. Practice Qualify and grid up next to someone with the same potential. I want to race but now I am delayed because I need to get my stupid Motec system dynoed to my dumb spec 911 motor because I was dumb selling the PMO carbs for $2700 to fund the more dumb Motec system.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Ahw - the memories!!

How is the UK treating you?
It's great being back in the land of taxes, rain and general gloom

Have you reached a decision with the RSA? I presume you can't race it in the class you're considering?
Old 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 533 Posts

Well, the car is sold and I hope the new owner will introduce himself when he receives it. I just wanted to thank everybody on this board that has shared my journey with this fantastic car over the past several years and has provided me with invaluable advice. I won't be a stranger as I still have that "other" 964 in my garage.

Here is a quick snapshot of my replacement vehicle. I know it's a water pumper, however in order to build a really competitive race car, technology rules, unless you have tons of money to throw at it.

Last edited by Frank 993 C4S; 05-14-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Sell "as-is" or de-mod?