Sponsored by:

Dreaming of my first Porsche ... a 964

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Having just made the transfer from Japanese to Porsche I can tell you nothing compares. The power may not be in the same league as a modified Evo but the feedback, power delivery and sound (oh the sound) will make you quickly forget all that.

Drive lots of them, drive some more and then hone in on the model you want. Then be patient, one will come up that ticks most of the boxes eventually.

I have to echo what Makmov said. Some stuff is surprisingly cheap and then other parts make you say- huh? If you've been modifying Japanese cars, especially using high end after market parts, then for me the prices aren't altogether that different. Until you get into engine rebuilds, that's where it really seems to go into another league!
And things like a master cylinder $1500, what? Common that thing should be more than a couple few hundred dollars. Any of the Control mods ABS stuff and AWD componets are very expensive. Even things like servo motors are a few hundred dollars... a peice and there are several and they go bad.

At least it's not CSI and needs a warm up regulator.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM
NürSpec
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to apologize for dropping off the map for while. A combination of personal things (including a death in my family) had put lots of things on hold for me. I revisited the site tonight, and re-read the thread again, and wanted to first say thanks to all of you for sharing such honest and frank advise with me.

I think I will need to get my S2000 back on the road and registered, and ready for sale. I shouldn't have too much trouble (hopefully) given it is a 2001 with 52,000 original miles, and I'm the 2nd owner with all the paperwork and service history. Once done, I'll look to get into a 964 hopefully something between Spring and Summer. Between now and then, I'll be spending a fair bit of time on here (more actively), reading and learning.

I'll post more questions as I have them, and again, thank you for all your help
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 AM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Mate - sorry to hear of your loss but these things do bring perspective and life's short and really it illustrates that you need to get a 964 in your life now!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
S7AR
Intermediate

Sorry to hear. I am also looking for a 964. Oddly enough, I also have a 73 S30Z.

If you still have the 240Z I would suggest you fix it up. It may not be the 964 you are looking for but it is one hell of a machine. Soo much potential in it.

Quick Reply: Dreaming of my first Porsche ... a 964