Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat shield brackets and muffler bracket

Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Merle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heat shield brackets and muffler bracket

Can I get rid of all of these brackets under my car for the heat shield? I don't ever plan on putting one on and these brackets are serving no purpose. The problem is that some of them are bolted to the engine with bolts that go through the block halves and I don't want to disturb something that will result in oil leaks. I'd like to get rid of the secondary muffler bracket too since I have a G-pipe. Can I just take it off or does it somehow hold the power steering pump on?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I know the mounts that bolt under the transaxle driveshaft outputs will leak on the right side if you don't replace the bolts once you remove the bracket.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Merle
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
I know the mounts that bolt under the transaxle driveshaft outputs will leak on the right side if you don't replace the bolts once you remove the bracket.
I was planning on reinstalling the bolts after removing the brackets, just don't want to pull a bolt out and have it leak afterwards.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

You can take the secondary muffler bracket and bolts off, and there will be no leaks - as my car has this removed for a long time and is very dry overall. I have been searching for a secondary bracket for quite a while, but our friend Jeff Curtis just sent me one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heat shield brackets and muffler bracket