Headlight bulb swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by hamah
Quick question on running H4s with relays. Does that impact the DRL operation in anyway? If so is there a way to rewire things to keep the DRLs functional (and still available as "fog lights"??)
No change. They car and lights operate the same as usual with the relays.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 AM
hamah
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
No change. They car and lights operate the same as usual with the relays.
Thanks. Can you provide a little bit of detail on your installation? I saw from an earlier thread that you gott your parts from Daniel Stern. Did you buy his relay/parts kit? Did you use his schematic to wire yours up? Where did you tap in for the power? Reason I ask is he is suggesting I'll need to rewire my DRLs but perhaps he misunderstood my application as I can't see why that would be the case. I'd think I just use the existing low and hi hot leads to energize the relay. That shouldn't change how my DRLs work afaik.

Last edited by hamah; 03-10-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

My installation is pretty simple, a pair of relays, high temp H4 connectors and some heavy gauge wire. I purchased my parts from Daniel Stern Lighting and my heavy wire from a local electrical hobbyist store. I used Daniel's wiring schematic. I pull the main power from the battery positive post. The trigger for the relays is tapped off one of the headlight harnesses. I mounted my relays on a post next to the spare tire, opposite the ABS system.

No affiliations

Quick Reply: Headlight bulb swap