Sponsored by:

Wheel Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

James,

do you know if the size listed is correct 42x80x42 all my research so far would suggest its correct. ?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by James Achard
Gaz, it all depends. To avoid Porsche tax I just went right to the bearing Mfg. catalogue and made sure I purchased a bearing with the same ratings and specifications from my local bearing house. This seemed to be the best bet since I could go in there and have them pull out a bunch and I would go through the boxes and find the ones that were made in Germany and take those. So, as long as you make sure the specifications are identical, you should be fine.

This was after I had rear wheel bearing failures at every race weekend for 3 races in a row! My Dad and I got very good at changing them at the track, had it down to ~45min. per bearing.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers, James
James,
What I started doing on all new "sealed" wheel bearings, is to remove the dust seal and replace the original grease with NEO wheel bearing grease. You can then reinstall the dust seals and install the bearing. I have been getting much better life out of sealed wheel bearings on my race car after I started doing this.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...ction=category

Quick Reply: Wheel Bearings