hawk's monday post

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hawk's monday post

been slacking a bit........

nothing new on my Porsche. Still sitting, still not running. Kinda ready to just have a shop diagnose/fix it and be done.

What have you been up to?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:50 PM
scped
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finished cleaning all the bits of engine #2 and got the tins back from the powder coaters (thanks RocketRob for the recommendation). Wiring and injectors done - on to clutch and flywheel.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

waxed the car last night, my hour of meditation. Not wanting to jinx anything but winter is almost over and I managed to enjoy the car with summer tires and no scares.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Hawk - Good to hear from you. I was wondering about if you got starting problem resolved?

I had a roller coaster of a weekend. Spent Saturday working on my cabrio. We swapped the engine from my '91 to my '90 cab. We finished installing things on Saturday. While I had the car up, I bled the brakes, clutch and diff locks. Special thanks to Scped for bringing over his diagnostics tool. I took the car out for a test drive. Everything was running great, except......the speedometer wasn't working. Got back in the garage, turns out the '91 and newer cars use the ABS wheel speed sensor to sense the vehicle speed, rather than a sensor on the transmission. I now face a dilemma, do I redrop the engine and swap the engine wire harnesses or do I fabricate a wire to connect my transmission to the car? I will be researching the wiring schematics some more to see if there are any problems using a '90 wiring harness in a '91 car. If there is then I need to swap harnesses.

On the positive side, my GF and I took the cabrio for a long drive on Sunday. It was a joy to drive. I hadn't driven the car in 2 years.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 PM
paveltchour
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like everyone is making good progress for the spring!

I sanded down my RS style air ducts, primered them. Need to get paint tomorrow.
Also fixed the tail light, and made a huge to-do list for the car.

Took her out this weekend for a drive for the first time in 3 months, the weather was nice, so I figued... why not. Instantly put a smile on my face and reminded me to work on her more often.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 429 Likes on 278 Posts

I'll chime in...

Replaced the rear seat belt bolt covers, the left and right driver seat hinge covers, and the rubber interior light switch covers in the door jams...and then installed a custom Cloisonne badge from a guy in germany that I fouind through another thread...

car is awesome post-rebuild - still trying to work out a couple kinks...and then next is new upholstery for the seats and door cards...but all in all - after a year of working, i have a car that feels good....finally.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

drove mine yesterday
Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put in a pair of Infinity Kappas on the rear deck as the old 4X6 speakers were shot. Didn't really make a lot of difference in the sound, as the back window really warps things.
Sound quality isn't that important but want to hear the news once in a while.

On the Grocery Getter front, have been loving my Audi A4... paddle shift and all the nav toys.

Quick Reply: hawk's monday post