Sponsored by:

Brake Pad warning light

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Brake Pad warning light

Had brake pad warning light and ABS light come on , fixed problem (line broke due to missing grommet) Do I need scantool/hammer to shut off pad light and or/abs?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

my wear pad light was on for the last couple of weeks. I twisted the plugins for better contact and the light was still on. After 2 start cycles it went out and hasnt come back on.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Pad warning light does not need a "reset". Once the fault is corrected, the light will go out. However, the sensor on the pad wears thru, thus causing a continuity break in the circuit. The worn thru sensor is what trips the light, and it must be replaced or jumpered in order to have the light go out.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:41 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I tied mine up out of the way before they broke figuring I'd keep an eye on them. Saw where you could jumper them together and get the light to go off if you've already "broke the seal". Or you could replace them....
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

mine were still clamped in tight with 90% pad left. If they dont look broken try the connector.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you gentlemen, plenty of meat on the pads, was sure it was the right front but rewired that and light is still on..

Will go out with the meter and see which one may be bad..
UPDATE
For future reference the Brake Pad light and ABS Light are self cancelling, once the fault is fixed they will turn off, ran a meter across all pad sensors and they were good, abs wheel sensors were all at 99 (normal)

Turns out my right rear abs/pad sensor block had broken wires (like the right front) , Put a new one on and now all I have to do is get that seat belt/Airbag light off!!

The front abs/pad sensor block connection appears to be under the gas tank so I spliced that one and will wait until I have to remove the tank (or figure out how to remove fuse box shell..) to replace it...Nothing like accomplishing what one sets out to do!!

Last edited by Silvertarga; 02-02-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Brake Pad warning light