Sponsored by:

Cab wind deflector

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab wind deflector

How does the Porsche wind deflector for cabs fit?
The elasticated straps are what puzzles me.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 PM
djbooya
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g60pops
How does the Porsche wind deflector for cabs fit?
The elasticated straps are what puzzles me.
The elastic straps are used to hook behind the seats on the little loops that the cab cover would be using. I'll take a picture of mine later today and post.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 PM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by djbooya
The elastic straps are used to hook behind the seats on the little loops that the cab cover would be using. I'll take a picture of mine later today and post.
That would be brilliant.
What little loops do you mean?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:33 PM
djbooya
Rennlist Member

Showing where the right side loop would be relative to the seat. I have the cab cover on currently and the wind stop in place.

Left Side loop:

Right Side loop:

Also, make sure you have the following plugs in your car if this was an add-on (as it was with mine)
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ing-plugs.html

Last edited by djbooya; 01-01-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: added link to plugs
Old 01-02-2012, 01:14 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Many thanks for the pics. As i am away from the car i cannot check for the loops at the back of the seats, though i think they are missing.
I did purchase the plugs and fitted them for the mounting arms.

Also whilst searching on the internet i came across a post where a 964 owner mentions that he does not place the metal bar support of the wind deflector on the seat but instead on the back shelf as it then allows the rear seats to be folded back up.
This is his post:

For me, it was well worth the money because it works. It eliminates the turbulent air whiplash almost completely. It’s mounted with pivotal arms into the carpeted rear panels just to the left and right of the rear seats. Included with the kit are two plastic caps that replace what you now have there, giving a male-female secure fitting at its forward base. On the rear or the base, there are two elastic stretchers that are pulled and fastened to the left and right triangular fittings that serve at the same time for holding the soft top cover in place. With the seats folded down, two metal support brackets fold down from the base and fit up against the carpeted rear section under the rear plastic window. Click the two seats back into place securing the metal support brackets and what you end up with is, one secure wind deflector at no matter what speed, that fits our 964 and will last forever (?).

his link for photos showing the wind deflector mounted with his seats folded up:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2449542#24495420028

Last edited by g60pops; 01-02-2012 at 01:43 AM. Reason: aded link
Old 01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
djbooya
Rennlist Member

Interesting..I never thought to try to put the seats back up. I have a feeling the metal is in the same location I have for the seats to secure it into place. I'll test that out and report back tomorrow.

Originally Posted by g60pops
Many thanks for the pics. As i am away from the car i cannot check for the loops at the back of the seats, though i think they are missing.
I did purchase the plugs and fitted them for the mounting arms.

Also whilst searching on the internet i came across a post where a 964 owner mentions that he does not place the metal bar support of the wind deflector on the seat but instead on the back shelf as it then allows the rear seats to be folded back up.
This is his post:

For me, it was well worth the money because it works. It eliminates the turbulent air whiplash almost completely. It’s mounted with pivotal arms into the carpeted rear panels just to the left and right of the rear seats. Included with the kit are two plastic caps that replace what you now have there, giving a male-female secure fitting at its forward base. On the rear or the base, there are two elastic stretchers that are pulled and fastened to the left and right triangular fittings that serve at the same time for holding the soft top cover in place. With the seats folded down, two metal support brackets fold down from the base and fit up against the carpeted rear section under the rear plastic window. Click the two seats back into place securing the metal support brackets and what you end up with is, one secure wind deflector at no matter what speed, that fits our 964 and will last forever (?).

his link for photos showing the wind deflector mounted with his seats folded up:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2449542#24495420028
Old 06-12-2012, 06:30 PM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Now that i am back with the car i finally managed to check if the wind deflector can be mounted with the seats fitted back up and it definately can.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:59 AM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the seats up when the wind deflector is in. It makes the wind deflector more stable. When the seats are down, the deflector sometimes moves about and doesn't stay level.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I found the same issue when the seats were down - but I like them down more than up - so I use 2 small bungee cords ( approx 6 inch long) to hold each corner and clip the small bungees to the "D" ring loop that the elastic is clipped to - holds the windscreen in place without any problems.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:26 PM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

I never understood why people buy convertibles that drive with the windows up and wind deflectors. It's a convertible, there is going to be wind!

Quick Reply: Cab wind deflector