Sponsored by:

Caliper Paint

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper Paint

Anyone recommend a decent caliper paint in the UK ? I have a set of four pots for the back that need a paint before fitting, I used the halfords one for the fronts but had trouble getting it to cure off stayed sticky for ages.

cheers

Gaz
Old 12-22-2011, 06:53 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know what is available on your side of the pond, but look for a 2-part paint system.

Here's a link to the one I used, and recommend.
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/acces...|e|6917290693&
Old 12-23-2011, 12:43 PM
PChar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done the G2 treatment on my calipers on both of my Porsches. Best result of all product in my opinion. It is a two stage, meaning you mix the paint and a hardner just before applying with a brush. Dont let this fool you, after curing the finish is a high gloss with absolutely no brush strokes showing.

I would recommend this to anyone, easy enough to do. Just wash the caliper with brake cleaner, which comes with the kit, and paint. I also sanded mine for an even better surface, but there is really no need for it. I did my first set 5 years ago on my Carrera 3.2 and according to the new owner they still look like new.

The finish is so high gloss (similar to powder coating), that using painted stencil Porsche logo was not possible, since nothing would stick as far as paint. I used the OEM Porsche decals on my calipers.
take a look at tread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ery-slope.html

Last edited by PChar; 12-23-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Caliper Paint