Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i remove this longitudinal lock in front of tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 PM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well after spending a little time cleaning the area near the actuator more carefully i found my leak coming from around the actuator.Can somebody chime in and tell me how to replace the seal and what the p/n is for it so i can order or purchase it to fix.And how complicated is it to remove the actuator and reinstall? Do i need to remove the hard metal line and pull out ? and will i need to bleed the awd lock system afterwords?
Old 12-13-2011, 12:10 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by napaul
well after spending a little time cleaning the area near the actuator more carefully i found my leak coming from around the actuator.Can somebody chime in and tell me how to replace the seal and what the p/n is for it so i can order or purchase it to fix.And how complicated is it to remove the actuator and reinstall? Do i need to remove the hard metal line and pull out ? and will i need to bleed the awd lock system afterwords?
When I replaced mine, the transmission was out of the car. I don't think that you would have any need to remove the hard line, and you shouldn't need to bleed the circuit. Part # is 964 301 051 01, I am pretty sure. It has been quite a while since I replaced it. You would pull the actuator out of the way, pull the old seal out, clean the area it goes to, and push the new seal in. What works well is to take a socket that is the same size as the seal, and tap it in with that. It will probably make things a bit neater if you drain the fluid that you just put in, and put it back in after. Good luck!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
napaul
Racer

hey guys i want to remove the actuator/lock pictured at beginning of thread to replace leaking seal behind it how do i remove the actuator while the tranny and engine are installed on car? what bolts do i remove or what do i do to remove it? as i don't want to risk damaging it.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

For removing the front diff lock, see step #6 in Garrett's C4 engine drop DIY

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-1989...ny-drop.html#6
Old 12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

That's right, there is that retainer there. It's been a while since I have done it.

Quick Reply: how do i remove this longitudinal lock in front of tranny?