Sponsored by:

Help determining 964 rs replica value

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:55 PM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
I think all the pre-built 964s are LHD aren't they? Sorry, struggled with the Japanese even with a translator.

Yes please that would be great.

Thank you both for your help.
...virtually all foreign built sports editions (all makes/models/years) in japan are left wingers & in fact a rhd sports car here would trade at a discount.
sorry was unaware NZ does not permit lhd vehicles (here there is no restriction, and back home - canada, there is no restriction providing car is plus 15yrs old....)
if you have specific questions of nakai-san you can discuss them with his bilingual colleague in kobe (contact details on new rwb website)....

good luck
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Agree with you on all counts. My guess is that the slightly apologetic wording of the ad is because they know that most customers looking for these cars want a squeaky clean history for future re-sale. A customer that just wants one as track toy could do much worse than look at this one.
Adrian responded to me and was very honest about it all which is refreshing. They've done a lot of great work on that car. It had been a rolling body, ex-accident and sitting since 2001. It has been on a jig to reset the right rear jack point and lower arm that was pushed in. It has new/ used panels all round apart from the left rear which they "beat" out. The engine is dry and bog standard but will get a leak down done on it on Monday.

The other thing that's attractive about it is that it doesn't have a cage yet. Another thing NZ is funny about is cages that extend beyond the drivers seat (more than a half cage) and many are cut out on arrival in order to meet standards. Only way to clear it is to prove it was built to FIA international standards.

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
...virtually all foreign built sports editions (all makes/models/years) in japan are left wingers & in fact a rhd sports car here would trade at a discount.
sorry was unaware NZ does not permit lhd vehicles (here there is no restriction, and back home - canada, there is no restriction providing car is plus 15yrs old....)
if you have specific questions of nakai-san you can discuss them with his bilingual colleague in kobe (contact details on new rwb website)....

good luck
Thanks, yes the LHD thing is increasingly an issue for NZ unless the car is over 20 years old or only going to be used for Motorsport. Only another year for most 964s. The other issue is, I can see the compliance officer's face as an RWB rolls out of a container in NZ. In fact I'd pay money to be there and love to be there and see it but you know he's gonna look for every reason to keep something that wild off the road!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:13 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Adrian responded to me and was very honest about it all which is refreshing. They've done a lot of great work on that car. It had been a rolling body, ex-accident and sitting since 2001. It has been on a jig to reset the right rear jack point and lower arm that was pushed in. It has new/ used panels all round apart from the left rear which they "beat" out. The engine is dry and bog standard but will get a leak down done on it on Monday.

The other thing that's attractive about it is that it doesn't have a cage yet. Another thing NZ is funny about is cages that extend beyond the drivers seat (more than a half cage) and many are cut out on arrival in order to meet standards. Only way to clear it is to prove it was built to FIA international standards.

Thanks, yes the LHD thing is increasingly an issue for NZ unless the car is over 20 years old or only going to be used for Motorsport. Only another year for most 964s. The other issue is, I can see the compliance officer's face as an RWB rolls out of a container in NZ. In fact I'd pay money to be there and love to be there and see it but you know he's gonna look for every reason to keep something that wild off the road!
haha....agree some of his builds/paint work are "aggressive"....but some of his customers have requested & rec'd more conservative builds:
only for info....this one with a broker in saitama area of tokyo....80,000km RWB 1991 c2 for approx. 4million jpy
http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/det...916/index.html

if you need any info on the market here or a specific listing (very few private sales here, & most older or specialty cars are handled by brokers that all deal with 1 of 2 "all of japan" listing services.....so advanced search is quite easy) send me a pm....

good luck (oh & by the by i did do a search of 964/993 marketplace here specifically for rhd....of plus 300 listings only 1 car, a c2 with only 40,000km, full history for only 2million jpy, huge discount from market -not only a right winger but also a tip.)

Quick Reply: Help determining 964 rs replica value