Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you use your 964 as a daily drive?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseN
Just curious, what have you noted? I've never driven my C2 on salted roads, however, I want to pick up a C4 for year round driving, and the authorities here in western Pennsylvania certainly lay down their fair share of salt...

Hopefully soon I will move back down to VA, where you need not worry quite as much about this sort of thing, and the 964 driving season is a good 10 mos. out of the year.
I've noted a bit of rust under the car in various places. Typical stuff that one wouldn't even take notice of on any other car, but it kinda makes me cringe on the 911.

For example, I had to pull the exhaust manifold to change out an oil line that was leaking. After lots of liquid wrench, and the like, I managed to snap the first stud. The nuts were pretty well rusted in place. I ended up taking it to an indy who got them off with a torch; I think.

Also, the suspension was changed out last year. I was going to do it myself, but I had a lot of life happening, and then there was that rust . . . again, I gave it to the indy and he made serious mention of the rust. Which, of course, played directly into the increased dollar amount required to break the car free of the shop.

Nothing earth shattering, but this car will never be a garage queen. More of a rogue prince! :-)

Quick Reply: How many of you use your 964 as a daily drive?