Sponsored by:

Hate Mondays

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hate Mondays

especially when you had a pretty decent weekend. Had to move the Porsche again for a shoot Saturday morning. Found another puddle of pink under the front. I have to look into that this winter, among other issues. Damn, I hate car issues.

Spent Sunday cleaning and detailing my wife's DD, but spent Saturday night with friends, and Sunday night with friends,so I can stomach the detailing.

Not much else, but here's why the Porsche got moved out.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Hawk - Pink puddle sounds like power steering fluid. I would check that your reservoir is full.

I had a great weekend. Took Friday off. Completed some home tasks that I've been meaning to do for a long time. I put wheels on my generator so I can easily move it around without scratching the floor or needing a second person. I also insulated my house attic access panels. One was a sheet of 1/2" plywood. The other is a 1/2" drywall. I glued two 2" thick layers of rigid styrofoam. I think that will help a lot.

Saturday was errands. Sunday was fun. GF and I took the 964 on a 2 hour trip up to Portland ME. She lived there in the mid 80's after she graduated college. We had lunch at her favorite pub (3 dollar Deweys), walked around downtown, did some Xmas shopping and found her old apartment. It was a very pleasant day.

Meanwhile, trying to savor driving the 964 as much as I can before the weather turns and the salt trucks come out.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Rob, ideas on the leak? I'm thinking the rack. Could I be pushing steering fluid from the reservoir because I'm not under power when I move the car around?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Is the leak in the front or the back? If its the front, I would look around near the rack and the rubber hose in the center tunnel. If its the rear, it could be the rubber hose between the reservoir and the pump or it could be the pump itself. You can rebuild the pump for cheap if its that. My reservoir hose was weeping causing a small drip on the floor. Changing it is quick and easy.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If the rack is original, it's due.

I did about 75 miles in the cab ( top up ). I keep saying this is the last weekend before mothballing for the winter, but I always seem to find an excuse. (52F and sunny)

Currently sitting on the runway in Kansas city. I am on a "non-stop" Philadelphia to San Francisco, that ran short of fuel. Better check my credit card receipt to make sure USAirways doesn't try to sneak in a $275 change fee plus difference in airfare. Any RLers in Silicon Valley this week who want to meet for a beer?

Last edited by Laker; 11-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:59 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

With the whole family out of town I really enjoyed my "guy's weekend" solo at home.

Friday - Start the weekend early with a long drive. Check.
Saturady - Clean the house so my returning wife would be happy. Check.
Sunday - Long drive on the same loop with a RL friend. Check.

Don't worry, it's not all fun and games around my house. I'll be doing my first valve adjustment in the coming weeks. A scary thought. I need these drives to hold onto the good memories for when I'm laying under the car.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Was able to do one more pull with my LM-1 on Saturday so I could remove it after watching the Buckeyes blow a game they should have won
It was warm and over cast Sunday so I tried to shoot a few pictures of my car. I don't have the touch to make Slate Gray look as good as it does in person (any hints, Hawk?). Took my teenage daughter to Starbucks Sunday night. Ran into a fellow Ford employee there who had a new Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca to play with for the long weekend. He let us go out in it. I have to say I am very impressed with that car. Finished up the evening with a run on Kirkway Rd./Club Drive/Woodward Ave. (most Oakland County Porsche owners are familiar with these roads).
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Paul, a circular polarizer can help a ton! that and time of day. What time did you shoot those shots?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Friday - flew to Oahu with wife and checked into Queens Medical for angiogram. Earlier stress test indicated a possible problem. Turned out that my Left Anterior Descending was 95% blocked, and they installed 3 stents from my right wrist. How's is this porsche related? I drive a TIP - don't really need my right arm..... Stayed the night at Queens. Obama arrives on island, but neglects to visit me at the hospital.
Saturday - fly home in the afternoon, emails/skype with my 3 brothers urging them to get checked out by their local cardio guy.
Sunday - car had been sitting after doing oil/filter change, valve adjustments, reseal cam chain covers, mod. to CCU resistor, general cleaning. Left the house early and drove up Waimea Canyon road, testing out the 964 and my re-furbished heart. I thought I was the first up the canyon this morning , but coming down the road was the Google Street View Car. He's been on island driving all the paved roads for street view photos. I gave him a "shaka" sign with my bandage right hand......

All in all, a good weekend.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
hawk911
Race Car

mojo, hope all goes well with healing and glad the ticker is getting the attention it needs.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Jetta - The valve adjustment is not hard just tedious. We are here to help if you get stuck.

Mojo - Glad you are ok and on the road to recovery.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:09 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hawk, check around your rack boots for the pink leak. The end seals wear out and you might be due for a rack re-do.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
hawk911
Race Car

wait- I thought the only rack re-do was for my wife, not me
Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
...was for my wife, not me...
Like you're not going to put any miles on that. Them.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:42 PM
hawk911
Race Car

she's mad at me for wanting that mod

Quick Reply: Hate Mondays