Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does TSB mod affect resale/collector value of RSA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 10:14 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does TSB mod affect resale/collector value of RSA?

I have a 1993 RSA that does not have the distributor ventilation kit installed. Does installing the kit affect the collector value of the car, even this is a Porsche TSB for this model?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I would do the Distributor vent fix asap, and replace the belt. I doubt anyone is going to pay extra for it in it's original state. The belt could break at any time and conceivably screw up the engine.

If I fell backwards into money and saw a RSA with just 500 miles, I'd much prefer to see it with the vent mod indicating a wise owner/mechanic.

Last edited by Laker; 11-11-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by apanossi
I have a 1993 RSA that does not have the distributor ventilation kit installed. Does installing the kit affect the collector value of the car, even this is a Porsche TSB for this model?
None whatsoever.

All this means is that the PO's ignored the TSB.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
apanossi
Banned

Thanks for the input, guys. That's what I thought. Although my RSA is under 11k miles, I am not much of a collector as opposed to an enthusiast. I don't have it mind to ever sell the car, so I will stick the kit on and not look back. I will post pics of my RSA soon.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:26 PM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vent kit on my car uses a T-piece fitted to the hose from the existing aperture, and is prob a good option if you want to maintain a "factory" appearance.
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:41 PM
apanossi
Banned

That's a great idea. Does it theoretically provide the proper dissipation of heat to the distributor belt, since it's located lower down on the air hose? Also, where did you get that T-piece? I'm assuming it's compatible with the factory distributor ventilation kit that Porsche sells, right?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 AM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would assume that the flow of pressurised air through the hose would be slightly less once it reaches the distributor because it is being split.

However, in my case, you'll note that the primary channel is straight through to the distributor; with the secondary channel being angled backwards, much less flow would result there.

The T-piece (or more correctly, Y-piece) is just a generic fitting available from any good plumbing/hardware store.

The ventilation kit is more for the dissipation of the ozone than heat. Ozone is created by sparking within the twin distro.

Quick Reply: Does TSB mod affect resale/collector value of RSA?