Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OZ Alleggerita Wheels for 964

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking forward to hearing your decision on the widths & offsets ... I worked on the decision for weeks (maybe months) .. plenty of time in the garage with a tape-measure trying to measure the perfect solution ... so your selection will be interesting.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

What is the size of your Cup1's - I m looking for a wider rear - as mine are only 8 inches
Old 11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
PChar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sml
I'm looking forward to hearing your decision on the widths & offsets ... I worked on the decision for weeks (maybe months) .. plenty of time in the garage with a tape-measure trying to measure the perfect solution ... so your selection will be interesting.
SML, I am going with Tire Rack recomended size, 8 front ET 45 and 9 rear ET ??, so I can stay with the range of my current CUP wheels. I am although considering running 265 on the 9" rear with a 140 UTQG. This will significantly improve my traction from my 17" set up with 280 UTQG.

Originally Posted by Gus
What is the size of your Cup1's - I m looking for a wider rear - as mine are only 8 inches
My 17" CUP 1s are 7.5" front and 9" rear. So, yes they are Mille Miglia, very well constructed and look just the same as the OEM. They are fitted with Khumo Ecsta which have 80% front tread left and 65% rear tread left.

Stephane

NOTE: I have received several emails and PMs, and will have to offer these wheels as a priority to those who have reached out to me early on.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM
chakka
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by PChar
I am almost ready to order these wheels, just a bit weary of the weakness of the material. I have not found anything as to how they hold in autocross conditions. Are these prone to bend easy???

I realy like this color, I am hoping this would look good on a midnight blue car.

Stephane

I had looked at these for my RSA, but my concerns was stress and as some of the pic's showed cracks or breaks. I thought I remember on tirerack that if you put in
your car it will give you the offsets you need?
Since I street drive/track drive my wheels I went with 18" Fikse FM10's(lightly used).
I like the look, the weight and the durability a 3pc. gives. The Fikse's used were
around the same price as the OZ's. I have a friend who drives a GT2 and uses OZ's and likes them. Just my 2 cents.........

Last edited by chakka; 03-21-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

PCHAR, please call me to order. I'll be happy to get you all set up. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
PChar
Racer

Damon, thanks for the offer. I sent you a PM.

I will call you regardless.

Stephane
Old 11-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

These are awesome looking wheels and incredibly light. BUT, I had them on my GT2 and bent one on a curb the first trackday out...
Old 11-01-2011, 05:01 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Try ..... miles@tirerack.com

Miles was very helpful and patient answering all my emails.

Damon did not reply to a few of my emails unfortunately.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:14 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

SML, I am going with Tire Rack recomended size, 8 front ET 45 and 9 rear ET ??, so I can stay with the range of my current CUP wheels.
When I entered a 964 into tirerack ...

Front
8ET50 .. which is what i have bought and details in the my link.

Rear
for the 9ET43 ... i used this link .. http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp ... and it looks like with the 9ET43, the outside rim edge will be 16mm inwards compared to my 10ET40 .. so if you read my 10ET40 thread, you can get a feel for the clearance to the wheel guard.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
PChar
Racer

Originally Posted by sml
When I entered a 964 into tirerack ...

Front
8ET50 .. which is what i have bought and details in the my link.

Rear
for the 9ET43 ... i used this link .. http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp ... and it looks like with the 9ET43, the outside rim edge will be 16mm inwards compared to my 10ET40 .. so if you read my 10ET40 thread, you can get a feel for the clearance to the wheel guard.
Thanks SML for the info. Since my car tacks very nicely I was not planning on going for another wheel allignment. So I am not looking to either roll the fender or get more negative camber. I just had a wheel allignement for almost $500, so this is the deciding factor for not going to 10" wide. If you are having 16mm diference between the two set up with more negative camber, I belive I may be very close to the fender's edge with a 9" wide,.. correct !

BTW,.. I am receiving emails from Damon,... Will see what he has to say about my 964 set up.

Stephane
Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

If you are having 16mm diference between the two set up with more negative camber, I belive I may be very close to the fender's edge with a 9" wide,.. correct !
yep, i think it should be nice.
what is rear wheel camber setting?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 PM
PChar
Racer

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
These are awesome looking wheels and incredibly light. BUT, I had them on my GT2 and bent one on a curb the first trackday out...
What were you doing driving over curbs with your car ?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:14 PM
PChar
Racer

What's the deal with Tire Rack,...? I placed an order and last night received a call from one of their rRep to tell me that they don't have all of the wheels and tires in one warehouse, and that they can't comingle everything in one place. I was told an ETA for delivery of 8-10 weeks,... WTF

I may be able to sort out the deal if I drop the Hankook R-S3 for a different set of tire. Khumo were also out of the equation no go. What else out there in the 140 - 180 no greater than 200 treadware,..?

I have no wheels as it stands right now.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:14 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

What's the deal with Tire Rack,...? I placed an order and last night received a call from one of their rRep to tell me that they don't have all of the wheels and tires in one warehouse, and that they can't comingle everything in one place. I was told an ETA for delivery of 8-10 weeks,... WTF

I may be able to sort out the deal if I drop the Hankook R-S3 for a different set of tire. Khumo were also out of the equation no go. What else out there in the 140 - 180 no greater than 200 treadware,..?

I have no wheels as it stands right now.
ring up miles and have a chat.

i made sure that my wheels were in stock (although they were in stock in different US warehouses but it only took a few days to pull the order together in the main warehouse).

can you search the different colour options to find something in stock? not ideal, but better than waiting!

what about the dunlop star-spec? they have great reviews also.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What's the deal with Tire Rack,...? I placed an order and last night received a call from one of their rRep to tell me that they don't have all of the wheels and tires in one warehouse, and that they can't comingle everything in one place. I was told an ETA for delivery of 8-10 weeks,... WTF.
Gosh, I don't recall getting a Rennlist order in my name from online today....

Quick Reply: OZ Alleggerita Wheels for 964