Sponsored by:

White Speedster FS .. no affilitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Default White Speedster FS .. no affilitation

This came up last Friday in 'Bring A Trailer' so I thought I'd post it here. I have no affiliation to the car or seller .. just a BAT subscriber. Here's the link and some pictures .. Update: Uh, oh .. looks like it's 'Sale Pending' .. I'll try and be more prompt next time .. but you never know, the deal's not done until it's done ...
http://bringatrailer.com/2011/08/12/...che-speedster/

Last edited by JPP; 08-16-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$75K for a 35K-mile example... almost choked on my Wheaties, until I realized that the only others I could find for sale were two in CA and NV with similar miles for $80K's ! <tries to catch breath>... Look Ma, the recession really IS over!!!

Nice car, but the comments under it are pretty brutal - tough crowd!
That BAT site is pretty interesting.

Would make a great Popemobile !!!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:07 AM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes ... a year ago this car would have been sold in the $50K-$60K range ... the release of the 2011 Speedster has given these cars the 'Factory Bump' ... Anyway ... Sale Pending as of the 14th .. so couldn't be too far out of range .. and yes, BAT is a very interesting way to start your day if you sign up for their daily emails .. and yes, the crowd can be quite brutal sometimes but hey, sometimes it's good to get some other perspectives outside the Porsche 'Kool-Aide' tent ...;-)
Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the post JPP. 35K is pushing it at those prices. I have seen several 964s sell in the $80s with mileage in the teens. 30K miles seems to be the number at which the prices taper off... Interestingly enough, 89 & 94 Speedsters are extremely popular in Europe, and many are coming stateside to "export" fine examples. From what these buyers tell me, there aren't many "good" Speedsters left in Europe...

Love your gorgeous 993 conversion. I've been following that thread...

Quick Reply: White Speedster FS .. no affilitation