Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs ecu/accelerometer help needed ! found fault codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. As long as the Durametric was able initialize the module, I would suspect that the problem lies elsewhere...(side: I can't yet get mine to initialize).

I would run the standard dumbass checks including: sensors (pull, clean, ohm them out), sensor leads to the filters, grounds and wiring loom. Your DVM is your friend here. Check yer brake fluid level, positive battery connection to the ABS system (it's independent on the other side of the terminal), the ground lug on the left front of the inside fender by the battery and continuity from the relay (R34) pins back to ground, pwr and the ABS ECU.

When your engine was rebuilt, did your shop pull the rear axles? Have they been into the rear hubs? Did they in any way get near anything associated with the braking system, including the loom?

With you here as I'm chasing down a glitch also...nothing but track time on greasy tires so I have no feel for incipient ABS engagement, but great feel for good 'ole lockup....
Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will agree that with ecu putting out the codes is a good sign...as for the rrear axles or it being a result of the rebuild I am doubtful of it only for the fact the rebuild was done in feb and when I got the car I had to replace r34 which was faulty and my light went out and abs was working and has been till I picked up the car with dead battery ,and found broken pin 9 or 11 depending on where you count from.... if it's pin 9 its ground the accel sensors...which explainds the codes for broken circuit in both sensors doesn't it? At relay r34 I checked for voltage at terminal 30 and it is there. I can here the pump engage and pressure building.....what are the chances both sensors got stuck at same time?
- should mention when I took the cable end of connector off at the ecu and found the pin broken off I was not able to retrieve broken end of pin out of connector it was in there could it have been pushed further back by new pin I soldered on and be causing a short? How hard is it ti take apart the cable end of the connector and open up to the back?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
napaul
Racer

BUMP!
has anyone ever taken the cable end connector apart of the abs ecu and is it difficult to put back together.I removed the abs ecu and soldered the pin i added to the ecu again now i want to remove the broken piece of the pin that is jammed up in the conector in case it is causing a short!

anybody have an opinion on the codes the abs/pdas gave me on the scan tool on what i should check for!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 AM
vwkaki
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, I cant get in into ABS/PDAS ECu with Durametric as well and have check the ECU it looks like the last repairer have jump a wire in it as well got to check which wire is jumped!! Where can i get a replacement ECU?? Any help will be fanatastic!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
dlpalumbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re: your codes.

It looks like the abs ecu can't see the accels. Look at the wiring diagram and see if they have a common lead for power and/or ground. Also the wire bundle going to the accels (which are under your console) has to get into the interior and might go through a connector. Trace it out.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
napaul
Racer

i pulled out the electrical diagram for my car and here is what i have done so far with no resolution to my problem.
I removed both accelerators and cleaned them with electrical contact cleaner and compressed air armature moves freely.

took out my multimeter and set it to continuity and hooked up to each pin on the connectors for the accererometers and checked for continuity to the corresponding pin at other end of the 55 pin connector to see if maybe i had a break in the lines somewhere but regretfully found no breaks and signal gets through one end to the other.

this has me really baffled and bothered considering the system was working perfectly fine before i left it parked at the mechanics house in the rain.

Just found another issue i need to adress also my right rear turn signal stopped working and blinker onm dash is blinking fast so i thought burned out bulb so i replaced and still no go all other lights are working.What the heck is going on?

can some one with electrical advise help me out please don't know where i should move on to for checking for no abs or pdas?

Quick Reply: abs ecu/accelerometer help needed ! found fault codes