Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to jumper ac relay help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:59 PM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how to jumper ac relay help please!

hi there guys just working out my ac blowing warm air.when i look at the compressor i do not see the center rotating. Can i just try suppying 12 v to black wire on top of compressor to see it it engages?

to jumper the ac relay to test to see if it is faulty can i jumper pin 30 and 87 and see if clompressor engages and if i do so is there a riskn of damaging other circuits?

where would i find low pressure switch to test it and what wires do i jump to test it?

i do get the light on my ac button light up and realize the possibility of low charge causing warm air but i want to eliminate all mechanical and electrical componenets before trying the recharge....
Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Just unhook the wire powering the compressor and put it directly to 12v power. If you hear a click, the clutches are working and it is safe to assume there is an issue elsewhere.
Old 05-30-2011, 10:55 PM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can buy a set of guages very inexpensivly at harbour freight. Some charge hoses also have a guage but they only give you low side pressure. Your system is likely partially discharged which is why the compressor doesn,t engage.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:33 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jumping in as a possible additional question. Today I noticed my A/C wasn't working. Everything is functioning except for the compressor wasn't spinning... the clutch hasn't engaged. I get 0V at the black wire to ground, so it is somewhere in the relays. Which is the A/C Relay? I have paid to have this fixed before, but I don't want to anymore.

Can someone provide the location and number of the A/C Relay? Anyone got a schematic?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 AM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Both AC compressor relay and 7.5 fuse are in the engine compartment fuse box.

Jumping 30 to 87 should get 12vdc to the compressor clutch and you'll still be protected by the 7.5 amp fuse.

Jumper it momentarily to check the clutch won't hurt especially if your jumper has a toggle switch on it, because you'll get a small spark when you stab in the jumper in the relay socket.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:06 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 210 Likes on 116 Posts

Thank you Rennlist and Mojorizing and Vandit for confirmed the Green Relay is the AC relay. To help others down the road

Per Mojorizing above: Jumping 30 to 87 should get 12vdc to the compressor clutch and you'll still be protected by the 7.5 amp fuse.

A/C Compresser Clutch

I just did this and my compressor works meaning I am probably so low on refrigerant that the pressure switch is not letting my compressor activate. Now to figure out how to recharge my system.

Jumper in place which confirmed my Clutch is working fine.

Quick Reply: how to jumper ac relay help please!