Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuscany964
Hi Andy,

I hope life is treating you well.

If you are going to go with the Billys or Konis make sure you go with the H&R reds and bear in mind that alignment and sway bars make a big difference as well - worth doing right away IMHO. I have Koni sports, H&R reds and H&R sways and am very happy with the results considering the cost. If the car is a keeper though and you plan in the future to spend some time on the track I would go with the V3's.

GL and let me know next time you're in the area, send my best to the family.
Hi Giuseppe!

We're very well thanks and still planning to move to Bologna! With a bit of luck we might even make it this summer!! How is everything with you and the family? I hope business is good too! I still need to get some of your lovely wine!

This is the thing, the car IS a keeper and I've decided I might as well spend some money on making it the car I really want it to be. I guess it would be good to have the extra flexibility of the V3's for the future, and I would like to track it at some point.

Hmm, new sway bars... I'll have to add those to the list!

Andrew
Old 05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Somebody said wine?!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Hi Giuseppe!

We're very well thanks and still planning to move to Bologna! With a bit of luck we might even make it this summer!! How is everything with you and the family? I hope business is good too! I still need to get some of your lovely wine!

This is the thing, the car IS a keeper and I've decided I might as well spend some money on making it the car I really want it to be. I guess it would be good to have the extra flexibility of the V3's for the future, and I would like to track it at some point.

Hmm, new sway bars... I'll have to add those to the list!

Andrew

That's great news! We can meet half way at Mugello. After going to the track there is a restaurant that has fantastic Fiorentina steak in Barberino and I'll bring enough wine to help you get over falling down the slippery slope I apologize in advance as I know I will not be a good influence...

Family is great and business is growing. We just got permission to open to the public as a restaurant which makes a big difference from just cooking for our guests so we're pretty busy.

Give us a shout next time your in the area.

Best of luck to all of you,
G
Old 05-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

Originally Posted by zizu
Somebody said wine?!
Oh yeah plenty of that to go around...

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by christallon
KWV3 period! Ran me an extra $1,000 over the Bil/H&R set-up. Same installation, same everything. For an extra G, well worth it. Trust me, you will absolutely love them.
+a million!

Kwv3s are great on the road too, pot holes and all set them up soft and they're beautifully smooth. Hard and uve got a track day weapon, H&R sway bars are a must also... No sense not complimenting your new suspension with.... Just got my strut brace today... now even better, turn in is soo sharp major grin factor.

It'll transform your car, you'll rediscover the car all over again, in fact it'll almost feel like a different one, you'll also be rediscovering familiar roads as your cornering ability will be transformed... Especially after geo...

I recommend doing the work yourself with the help of a friend and a good set of tools, there are so many great guides that would be chimed in if you so desire. It really doesnt require mechanical know how. Bonus you'll save a grand in labour!

As said all over, depends on how much track time you intend?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Giuseppe!

Couldn't agree with you more and once you've asked yourself the question, how many times are you going to change the suspension, you might aswell pay the extra now and get the best

I firmed up the settings on mine a few days ago for a track outing at Donington park and she stuck to the track like a dream. This weekend I'll put her back to the road settings.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK guys..!!

Thanks for all your help on making me decide what to do. I've taken the plunge and ordered a set of KWV3s and some H&R sway bars. I already have a carbon strut brace and can't wait for them to be fitted to see how they transform the car!! I bought the car in 2004 and can't believe I've waited so long to do this!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Congratulations! You'll love them! Excited to hear your thoughts. Are you carrying out the work yourself?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Congratulations! You'll love them! Excited to hear your thoughts. Are you carrying out the work yourself?
No, I don't really have the space to do it myself, or the time, but I would love to have been able to have a go at it! I need to have some other work done anyway including fixing some rust by the windscreen, a leaking oil pipe between the thermostat and cooler ($$$) and an aircon recharge, so I may as well have everything done at the same time!

I'll let you know when it's fitted with some obligatory pics too!

Next on the list some 18" wheels, but I'll wait until my tyres need replacing for that!

Andrew
Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Congrats Andy, as others have said, you wll love them
Old 06-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

OK guys..!!

Thanks for all your help on making me decide what to do. I've taken the plunge and ordered a set of KWV3s and some H&R sway bars. I already have a carbon strut brace and can't wait for them to be fitted to see how they transform the car!! I bought the car in 2004 and can't believe I've waited so long to do this!
Well done! It'll be a night & day transformation. I know how much you already love your car but you will love it so much more. With regards to 18" wheels if you go down that road make sure you get them put officially on your logbook with the tyre sizes you want before you register your car in Italy and that they add them to your Italian logbook otherwise your car will be illegal here and there is no way of getting 18 inchers approved on non turbo 964's in Italy. PM me if I've been clear as mud.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by christallon
Congrats Andy, as others have said, you wll love them
Hey, how did your track day go - was there a thread I missed?!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tuscany964
Well done! It'll be a night & day transformation. I know how much you already love your car but you will love it so much more. With regards to 18" wheels if you go down that road make sure you get them put officially on your logbook with the tyre sizes you want before you register your car in Italy and that they add them to your Italian logbook otherwise your car will be illegal here and there is no way of getting 18 inchers approved on non turbo 964's in Italy. PM me if I've been clear as mud.
That's certainly good to know. I'll have to investigate it a bit more. It's not something I'm going to be able to do soon though so I guess I might be stuck with the Cup 1s, which is fine anyway! The tire ans wheel sizes are not listed in the french log book though, so I'm not sure it'd be possible to add them anyway.

Andrew
Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

any update?
Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stevepaa
any update?
Yep. I've ordered some KW V3s plus some H&R sway bars through Ninemeister. They're going to send them to me next week and I hope to have them on the car mid-July (I'm going on holiday in between and I need to have a few other bits fixed as well - read "Rust and Oil leaks..").

I'll post some pics and feed back on my impressions of them next month!

Can't wait!

Quick Reply: Bilstein HD + H&R Springs or KW V3?