Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Value of my 1990 964 Cabrio wide body

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it hadn't been for the motor and I am perhaps mistakenly wrong, it was done by a decent shop, I would have pegged it in the mid teens for sure. It's the only hope this car has of bring much more than 20K.

However, there are still a number of unanswered questions about it.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All and thanks for your responses. Sincerely. I just wrote a long email and hit must have hit a wrong key somewhere and it kicked me out of the forum and I lost about 5 paragraphs of text.....

To some up what I typed, the great thing about Porsche's vs Lambo vs Ferrari etc. is that people to modify them. Some a little, some alot. They are art on wheels with timeless lines. It is a car you can hot rod tastefully (each to his own).

If low 20's is all I could get out of the car, you'll be hearing alot more from me as I will be a regular poster. I wouldn't consider selling it for less than $29,900.00. I could understand how a purist would snub their nose at my car but the layman like me drools over it. In person, it truly is art.

Front and rear fenders were modified by a pro about 10-years ago to 964 RS spec's. Seamless. Take a wheel off and look into the fender well and you would think it came from Porsche that way. 11" Rubber rear and 9" rubber front fits just fine. On a dry road, there is more grip than horsepower so throttle-off oversteer is not an issue. Just hang on for dear life around turns.

I'll keep this car then and drive it until the wheels fall off. Might even put a turbo emblem on it and porsche decals on the side of the front fenders...kinda like ferrari does. It will help accentuate the rear spoiler size.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
If low 20's is all I could get out of the car, you'll be hearing alot more from me as I will be a regular poster.
Then pull up a chair and set a spell, pardner !!!
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 PM
hawk911
Race Car

I think you'd be hard pressed to get 29K for a non-factory conversion, esp in the economic climate we're in. Gas over $4.00 a gallon for regular, and close to $4.25 for premium certainly becomes a factor for the meek. Other cars fetching low 20s/high teens might be way more attractive with another almost 10K for any personal mods, including updated suspension, interior work, etc.

If you can get 29K, more power to you!
Old 05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like an owner to me.

Unless I am missing something it's nowhere close to a 29900 car.

as the man says

Then pull up a chair and set a spell, pardner !!!

you're gonna be here a while.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
Hi All and thanks for your responses. Sincerely. I just wrote a long email and hit must have hit a wrong key somewhere and it kicked me out of the forum and I lost about 5 paragraphs of text.....

To some up what I typed, the great thing about Porsche's vs Lambo vs Ferrari etc. is that people to modify them. Some a little, some alot. They are art on wheels with timeless lines. It is a car you can hot rod tastefully (each to his own).

If low 20's is all I could get out of the car, you'll be hearing alot more from me as I will be a regular poster. I wouldn't consider selling it for less than $29,900.00. I could understand how a purist would snub their nose at my car but the layman like me drools over it. In person, it truly is art.

Front and rear fenders were modified by a pro about 10-years ago to 964 RS spec's. Seamless. Take a wheel off and look into the fender well and you would think it came from Porsche that way. 11" Rubber rear and 9" rubber front fits just fine. On a dry road, there is more grip than horsepower so throttle-off oversteer is not an issue. Just hang on for dear life around turns.

I'll keep this car then and drive it until the wheels fall off. Might even put a turbo emblem on it and porsche decals on the side of the front fenders...kinda like ferrari does. It will help accentuate the rear spoiler size.
welcome & your car looks very nice indeed....but i do tend to agree with other posters, re value. in the 30k range you are in the territory of 1992 wtl cabs (in the usa branded america roadsters) which are newer, from the factory with turbo (930 series) flares, front & rear, and turbo edition oversized brakes, wheels & suspension set up. pcna valuation committee sets a value on these cars of 25-35k depending on mileage/condition (global production was about 1100 of which some 300 came to n.amer & therefore most are garage queens).

imo your car is not a hot rod, its a tastefully modified porsche running stock
rwhp, i would resist the urge to turbo badge the car unless your intent is to turn it into a "hotrod" with forced induction.

keeping the car/driving it is a great plan.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

well hope to see more of you. sorry but 29k is way out of whack. FOr that money i can get or be very close to a 964 turbo.
When I first starting looking for a 964 I found a similar car to yours. was a coupe brand new rebuild and he couldn't give it away. he told me he would take 16k.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raspberryroadster
i would resist the urge to turbo badge the car unless your intent is to turn it into a "hotrod" with forced induction.
+1
yes, please don't, somehow it would diminish us all...
Old 05-12-2011, 02:44 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wide body conversion? Oh, under the -WING-

Sorry, I couldn't resist piling on. The car will probably sell for more money, I would say mid 20's, to less of an officionado/purist than those you're finding here. Now, where is that guy...................

I would start looking for him in Miami Beach.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jimq
wow thats a big wing
Hey Jim! I don't see what the issue is with that wing

Old 05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
hawk911
Race Car

you make a surprise appearance, and that's all we get?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by hawk911
you make a surprise appearance, and that's all we get?
Attending a support group for Porsche owners that can't drive their babies.. due to mechanical failures. It is a mix of depressive behavior management skills and aggression control. Buuuahahahahhaha
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
hawk911
Race Car

I should have stopped by the house and taken the keys then... more anger management training for you!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by hawk911
I should have stopped by the house and taken the keys then... more anger management training for you!
Sure could use some anger management training as well...

A month ago I went to my brother's wedding and almost got arrested... Here, look at the scared face I had:

I think it is a new program they have to avoid resisting arrests...
Old 05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
hawk911
Race Car

I saw that... shame on you for not calling friends to help bail you out! or at least one with a better camera

Quick Reply: Value of my 1990 964 Cabrio wide body