Sponsored by:

A very unusual noise after acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 AM
doggsy964
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A very unusual noise after acceleration

Morning fellow 964 fanatics , I own a 90 cab c2 , entering the motorway yesterday was in second and took her to 6000rpm then into 3rd , after 3 miles on motorway could hear a clatter when gas pressed which then was replaced to a vibration flapping noise which at first sounds like a hole in exhaust , but I feel the noise to be under the rearseat footwells, it got more pronounced as I applied more gas, didn't feel like loss of power, and got home fine , bloody worried now , I had noticed she's been runnin a bit hotter last week, not sure if this makes any sense , thanks for listening , it's like having an injured child , 964 will only make you stronger!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

my guess: Cat. converter. First give a feel for exhaust leaks where it connects in-line, then check to make sure any/all heat shields are tight, then give it a few light taps to listen for anything rattling around.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 AM
doggsy964
Intermediate

Amazing isn't it , here I am in the English countryside sitting in my kitchen looking out to the driveway with squirrels all running around my 964 , after posting my car ailment , within 5 mins a 964 bro in Philly at half four in the am , extends his heart and wisdom , back across the pond,,, brilliant , I'm gonna get out there now start her up and if nothing else wake the wife up,,,,,, ha what an alarm tone. Thanks man I'll let you know. Doggsy964
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 AM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

If you have a primary bypass you may have blown a hole in your secondary muffler. It will be hard to see as they usually go on the side that is up against the engine.

Quick Reply: A very unusual noise after acceleration