Spoiler control module removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Spoiler control module removal

Hi,

I have experienced total failure of my 964's rear spoiler. Not actually that surprising given that my car has spent two winters outside in the rain (garage now built so my car has a new, dry home) and consequently the leaking soft top has allowed water to fill the drivers side footwells front and rear. Accordingly I believe this has fried the spoiler control module which lives under the driver's seat (i.e. right hand seat as mine is a UK RHD car).

My car is a 1990 C2 Cabriolet, hence location of the spoiler control module (I think on later cars this was moved to the footwell).

Anyway, I can access the control module (part no 964.618.212.00 - the grey box about the sized of a packet of cigarettes) but cannot figure out how to remove it. Please can anyone help?

It has a multiplug at one end, and appears to be fixed in the centre on the underside, but no way of seeing how, or how to undo it.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeremy.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

IIRC you have to remove one or two modules beside the wing control in order to get to the screw(s) that hold it down. I remember being frustrated by the extra disassembly when I did this job, but it's better to do it systematically rather than try and pry it out!

Good luck,

Jim G.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jim,

You wouldn't happen to know which other modules need removing? Do you have to remove the plate on which the spoiler control module sits?

Thanks,

Jeremy.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I hate to admit it, but I pryed the old one out and installed the new one with velcro.....it has stayed attached now for 5 years.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm not exactly sure what order things come out in. As you can see from the attached photo, I re-arranged things a bit in order to fit an aftermarket amp under the seat.

That said, even if you have to take up the aluminum plate I think its fairly easy (4 screws and some connectors?). The hard part was taking the seat out to get a clear place to work!

Jim
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the spoiler control module on my '90 C4 was located underneath the dashboard and behind the glove compartment.

Quick Reply: Spoiler control module removal