Sponsored by:

Cat Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Cat Bypass

I posted here a while back about the advantage/disadvantage of the CAT bypass.

I went ahead and got the bypass, narrowed it down to Schnell or Fabspeed. A buit of research showed the Schnell is made in China...that was a BIG negative for me, the Schnell however had the heat shield brackets . Well I decided since I am running a Fabspeed exhaust system I would go with the Fabspeed

The only heat shield I dont have is the "grass fire" bottom one and since I dont have a cat I dont really need it! The plate that was on the cat that goes over the heat shield was nothing but a piece of tin, maybe necessary with the cat but not with the bypass.

The Fabspeed is extremely well made , came with proper bolts and gasket and dropped right in

Gave my exhaust a deeper note that it had before as well and my left rear tire has not melted!! Heat from the bypass does not seem to be a real issue
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Silvertarga
. A bit of research showed the Schnell is made in China...that was a BIG negative for me, the Schnell however had the heat shield brackets . Well I decided since I am running a Fabspeed exhaust system I would go with the Fabspeed
No disregard Sir, but where do you think the Fabspeed cat bypass is made ??????????????. You will be surprised.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Weill; this is on the packaging, so maybe the box is made in USA

The President of Fabspeed is a member here, maybe he can chime in on this!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cat Bypass