Sponsored by:

Newest of newbie questions - car numbers

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Newest of newbie questions - car numbers

I'll ask here rather than the Racing forum because we're a nice group and one could imagine the answers from there...I've done the leg work, but cannot get an answer regarding car numbers.

I'd like to have a nice set done up, but won't do it until I know a bit more.

I've recently: Emailed the PCA zone, the NASA region, our local AX clerk/registrar and can't even find the addy for our PCA region (War Bonnet). Have recieved one "don't worry about it" and one rather ambiguous answer.

Please tell me how the numbering process works for any and all events I may register (this year or course would be DE and AX; I've already registered for three DEs in OK, TX and NE). Clubregister has a spot for a number, of course, but I have recieved no confirmation at all.

Thanks, Kai

Last edited by KaiB; 04-09-2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: ummm...my grammar sucks
Old 04-10-2011, 02:20 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

Based on what I have found, is that there is a numbering scheme within each individual PCA region. In my home region I have a set number, but when I do DE's with other regions hosting, I have to submit my number and make sure that it does not conflict. As you can well imagine, it is not a nationwide PCA thing, as there are more than 1000 cars doing DE's and Autoccross across the nation. So the numbers if national would have to be 4 digits.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 547 Posts

I have 3 different numbers and have decals done for them. I register very early for events and usually get the number I register with. I'd recommend you pick some arbitrary numbers (stay away from "special" ones like "1", "69", "777", etc..) and have a couple sets of decals made and register early for events.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm starting to see this.

James Soffit, PCA Zone 5 Rep, was kind enough to email me and admit he was more familiar with TX than OK - and that there are differences.

From NASA, not a word yet in five days.

I'd be more than glad to write a guide for other beginners (we can source detailed docs on how to reguild our engines, yet not learn how to number our cars) - but definitive information is scarce as hens teeth. I found it far easier to develop a short gear stack for my transmission...

Best, K
Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

The easiest solution is to use a paint marker to number your car.
If you have to change your number between events, it can be done in seconds.
Sometimes we get our number confirmation the same morning we sign the waiver.
have fun

Quick Reply: Newest of newbie questions - car numbers