Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hydraulic booster: to : Vacuum booster. Is it Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Trungie
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydraulic booster: to : Vacuum booster. Is it Possible?

I've recently picked up a 965 c2 shell with front fire damage. The whole front of the car is pretty much toast.

Seeing that I have to remove and replace everything that's located in the front trunk compartment, I was wondering if it is possible to convert the high pressure brake system with the more conventional vacuum assisted system.

After reading a few threads on here about people going for their brakes and getting a stiff pedal, Has scared me a bit! And hopefully there is a cost benefit as well.

I hate threads with out pictures so here's a crappy photo of when I got it home. I'm too embarrassed to show the front! Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Old 04-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

You could do it using 993 Vac booster and Master cylinder and Res & brain. ...That said the 965 brake system is better .

I have this part from a 94 965 if you need it . If the master cylinder is still there all you would need is the pressure pump .
Elliot
Attached Images  
Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The hydraulic system is the better of the two systems, so I would not convert back. I'd look at getting a wire harness from a salvage yard and splicing in what I needed. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Quick Reply: hydraulic booster: to : Vacuum booster. Is it Possible?