Sponsored by:

964 Collision repair work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Idiot964Owner
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 Collision repair work.

I noticed after having a reputable body shop (I've known them for a while too) repair my car they didn't texture the underside of the fender lip. Everything else came out great is this a big deal?
Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Functionally not a big deal, but they didn't do the job correctly if they didn't do it.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:11 PM
tcnicholas 964
Advanced

The texture is used for stone / gravel protection in order to keep the paint from chipping down to the primer / metal and creating a path for rust to start forming. The shop can apply it at this stage and color coat the textured areas. Ideally it should have been applied first and than painted over at the same time as the rest of the paint work. Easily repaired...nothing to get carried away about. I would follow up and have it completed for the long term durability of the job and to match what was originally produced from the factory. If it is not completed, it is an easily spotted indicator to repair work and may reduce the resale value due to a noticable repair. You may want to review the entire repair order with the shop and see if anything else was omitted. Any additional items could be repaired at the same time.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Idiot964Owner
Intermediate

I see, is there anything else I should check on?

Besides that it looks like it was done properly.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
tcnicholas 964
Advanced

Having not seen the job or know the extent of the repair, I would just review each line item in the repair order and have them point out how they carried out each specific item to complete the repair. It sounds like you are satisfied with the overall repair and have chosen a reputable shop. Minor things can and will slide thru without being noticed...just ask to have what was paid for to be provided.

Quick Reply: 964 Collision repair work.