Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on this 1991 C4

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Dsqr964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^We are still shedding tech jobs up here in the NW. Redmond might be doing better then us down here in Vancouver, WA.

One thing is look at the rear floor mats and see if they might be damp, I have noticed a drain line is plugged and I got water in my rear foot well and the carpeting around the rear seat behind the driver. As you know we get a lot of rain and this winter my girl started to let me know about it. She is my DD.

Also check for the front bonnet to seal good as to not let water in into the trunk.
Little things for us or any rainy area to look for beyond the normal mechanical and body inspection. -D²
Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
supark
Advanced

hey guys, sorry just replying to this thread. This is my car. All this talk about how reasonably it's priced is making me wonder if I'm asking too little

Anyways, I already replied to the other thread on my car, but since I've posted the ad up a bit over a week ago, I've developed some serious cold feet about selling her. I'm talking to a serious potential buyer right now and am going to honor the deal if he chooses to go forward, but if he doesn't I'll very likely just keep her. Showing her to prospective suitors has made me realize how much I love this car.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
supark
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jim Richards
Hasn't that Seattle car been on the market for a few months now? I'm pretty sure I saw that ad when I was first starting to look for a 964 to buy. I wonder why it hasn't sold already?
Hmm has to be another 964, I've only had this up for a little over a week and after renewing the ad for a day, I've since deleted it and am only talking to whoever came through the door the last few moments
Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
supark
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dsqr964
^We are still shedding tech jobs up here in the NW. Redmond might be doing better then us down here in Vancouver, WA.

One thing is look at the rear floor mats and see if they might be damp, I have noticed a drain line is plugged and I got water in my rear foot well and the carpeting around the rear seat behind the driver. As you know we get a lot of rain and this winter my girl started to let me know about it. She is my DD.

Also check for the front bonnet to seal good as to not let water in into the trunk.
Little things for us or any rainy area to look for beyond the normal mechanical and body inspection. -D²
I've driven her in the pouring rain (which has been far too much the case lately) and it's bone dry in the bonnet - seals well
Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 PM
supark
Advanced

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
I think you will find it is no more expensive to maintain being a c4 owner. Only thing I have done is had teh fluid flushed and changed in the awd system which if I am correct is ppart of the brake system so basically if you ever do your brakes your doing the awd system as well.
The brake fluid was flushed and replaced at 69k miles along with the differential and transmission fluid

Quick Reply: Opinions on this 1991 C4