Sponsored by:

The slope...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:08 AM
windblown
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The slope...

No, not the "slope nose" but is this the slope you have all been talking about...

So while waiting for a few parts to show up to get the Porsche pristine I start detailing, you know the normal stuff: wipe it down, leather conditioner, tires, polish the wheels, vacum, windows, pull the interior out from under the bonnet and clean/condition all the rubber pieces, scrub out all the seams of my seats and the cracks in all the switches with a tooth brush, pull the wing off the back and clean the fins, scrub out the back side of the mechanism that the wing fits on, clean and readjust the bonnet release cable, etc...

Is this the slope?

Or is it when you take the Porsche in for an oil change and you figure what the heck I may as well also get the brake fluid changed, brakes chamfered, and new door seals...
Are either one of these the slope that has been referenced that is so slippery?

Seriously I think I went a little nuts detailing; still have to put it all back together but it is supposed to be raining out here for the next 5 days.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:49 AM
xeps
Instructor

These cars are 20 years old, and they all need a bit of attention to keep them at their best. Your average 964 isn't lacking in things to do, and if you are the one doing the work this only becomes more apparent.

Changing the oil quickly becomes chasing down some leaks, and before you know it you are explaining to the wife why there is an engine in the middle of the garage. Having already gone to so much trouble, you might as well fix some other things "while you are in there..."

Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 55 Posts

Its not really a slope more than a cliff. I think the most common slippery slope is that of the modifications and other endless expenses that ensue just to keep the car perfect. This forum will help you spent fistfuls of dollars.
Attached Images  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

very funny cartoon!
Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 AM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

My wife still doesn't understand why I buy a nice looking, nice running and driving car, and promptly proceed to taking it apart and scattering it all over the garage. 33 years of marriage and she still doesn't understand. Her tolerance level is improving, however. Have fun.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS964
My wife still doesn't understand why I buy a nice looking, nice running and driving car, and promptly proceed to taking it apart and scattering it all over the garage. 33 years of marriage and she still doesn't understand. Her tolerance level is improving, however. Have fun.
I've only been married half as long but I'm in the same boat as you, and I don't ever see the situation improving...fortunately she's happy that I'm happy so it all works out. Having her ride in the car only makes it worse (opposite of how we feel)...it's too direct and all the driving dynamics we love only overload her. She has no problem with the kids riding in the car though.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
windblown
Instructor

I am enjoying the comments and especially the cartoon, keep em coming. Parts should be here this week to finish up then off the shop for assembly. Ill post pics up when it is finished. (if I can ever figure out how to post pictures in here)

Quick Reply: The slope...