Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sat Night-Let's Spend my money!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Please keep us posted on your impressions when you get the car back.

I might be grinning so hard it will be hard to keep the drool off the keyboard...
Old 02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
parsonii
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey kai when you're done with it, bring the car down to north texas and we'll head out to MSR. i just bought an rsa as well. here's the list of stuff already done to mine:

Guards Red paint/ excellent condition / Stone Guard protection
Mileage 55,300
No Sunroof / no Air conditioning / Radio option / GT LSD 40/60 ratio upgraded limited slip
Street and DE /TT configured with roll bar / Sparco race seats with red insets / street seat belts and six point harness belts included / fire extinguisher/– never club raced
Corner Balanced 2760 lbs weight
3.8 RSR Rear Wing with gurney lip(adjustable upper wing and lighter weight) / matching front spoiler / aerodynamic RUF styled side view mirrors
3.8L engine /993 heads & valves/HD valve springs /Carrillo rods/ mild cam Euro RS / headers/Autothority Chip - Dyno at wheels 282HP / great flat torque curve max 268 ftlbs at wheels (Engine recently rebuilt by Mark Kinninger Black Forest with only 1500 miles since rebuild)
Low Oil Warning light and programmable Shift light mounted in dash
Secondary chip installed for race gas to provide over 300HP at wheels
B&B Exhaust system with Cat
993 Mass Air Flow Sensor
Two oil coolers / fans – runs cool in all hot environments
Short gears and ring &pinion transmission with steel syncros plus own tranny cooler/ CUP clutch and CUP Factory Single Plate Flywheel
Coilover suspension / Matched Valved Bilstein Shocks / Eibach springs/ Monoball Assemblies / Adjustable Camber plates / AJR -USA Front Strut Brace/ Adjustable Sway Bars
Big Red Turbo Brakes (993 front / 964 rear)with Pagid Orange Pads with installed brake duct cooling kit
Extra set FISKE 17 inch lightweight wheels with mounted Hoosiers (40% wear)
Extended length 19 mm hardened wheel studs with steel lug nuts
MOMO Steering wheel for quick turns
Cool Suit plumbing / wiring

Old 02-23-2011, 06:35 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by parsonii
hey kai when you're done with it, bring the car down to north texas and we'll head out to MSR. i just bought an rsa as well. here's the list of stuff already done to mine:

Guards Red paint/ excellent condition / Stone Guard protection
Mileage 55,300
No Sunroof / no Air conditioning / Radio option / GT LSD 40/60 ratio upgraded limited slip
Street and DE /TT configured with roll bar / Sparco race seats with red insets / street seat belts and six point harness belts included / fire extinguisher/– never club raced
Corner Balanced 2760 lbs weight
3.8 RSR Rear Wing with gurney lip(adjustable upper wing and lighter weight) / matching front spoiler / aerodynamic RUF styled side view mirrors
3.8L engine /993 heads & valves/HD valve springs /Carrillo rods/ mild cam Euro RS / headers/Autothority Chip - Dyno at wheels 282HP / great flat torque curve max 268 ftlbs at wheels (Engine recently rebuilt by Mark Kinninger Black Forest with only 1500 miles since rebuild)
Low Oil Warning light and programmable Shift light mounted in dash
Secondary chip installed for race gas to provide over 300HP at wheels
B&B Exhaust system with Cat
993 Mass Air Flow Sensor
Two oil coolers / fans – runs cool in all hot environments
Short gears and ring &pinion transmission with steel syncros plus own tranny cooler/ CUP clutch and CUP Factory Single Plate Flywheel
Coilover suspension / Matched Valved Bilstein Shocks / Eibach springs/ Monoball Assemblies / Adjustable Camber plates / AJR -USA Front Strut Brace/ Adjustable Sway Bars
Big Red Turbo Brakes (993 front / 964 rear)with Pagid Orange Pads with installed brake duct cooling kit
Extra set FISKE 17 inch lightweight wheels with mounted Hoosiers (40% wear)
Extended length 19 mm hardened wheel studs with steel lug nuts
MOMO Steering wheel for quick turns
Cool Suit plumbing / wiring
You guys are making my head spin. I think you've each spent/are spending more for upgrades than I've spent on my car and all my repairs/maintenance.

If you're suggesting MSR in conjunction with a Maverick Region event, I can say that they are a great group and you should have a good time. I finally gave up on the Longhorn Region for competition and came up there for several events. They made me feel very welcome.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Parson, that's a bodacious little RSA.

Have you worked the brakes out yet? I'm curious about balance.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:29 AM
parsonii
Racer

kai i haven't seen my car yet. i bought it a month ago and it's sitting in san diego. the guy who sold it to me is 70 yr old retired navy captain that is a pca driving instructor. he owned the car for 10 years and made it his pride and joy --- anyway he sold it in part because his wife didn't like to get into the seats any more. what's cool is that next weekend im flying out to san diego for a weekend porsche performance driving school and my instructor is going to be the previous owner. im psyched. long story short --- i'll tell you after the weekend about the balance of the brakes.

Quick Reply: Sat Night-Let's Spend my money!!!