Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Cable Bushing Part Number?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:53 PM
kobayashi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle Cable Bushing Part Number?

Hey all - Just dropped the engine in my 964. While removing the throttle cable for the engine, the bushing on the 964.110.012.01 bracket broke. It is the bushing that is right below the throttle body that is inset on the metal bracket. I cannot find the bushing anywhere. Can I buy the bushing or do I have to buy a new throttle cable? This is what the bracket looks like -

It was a pretty straight forward job, but I missed the starter motor ground strap. I even read in Adrians book not to forget it. Thought I had it from the top of the starter, but did not realize it was not on the actual starter.

Thanks for the help.

Here is the reason I dropped the engine -

Old 01-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Hey all - Just dropped the engine in my 964. While removing the throttle cable for the engine, the bushing on the 964.110.012.01 bracket broke. It is the bushing that is right below the throttle body that is inset on the metal bracket. I cannot find the bushing anywhere. Can I buy the bushing or do I have to buy a new throttle cable? This is what the bracket looks like -
A couple years ago, I had a similar problem. I couldn't find the part listed in PET. I asked my factory parts rep and he researched it. His answer was that the bushing is part of the throttle cable itself. So I made do with what I had. I'll be curious if anyone else had better luck finding it.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
kobayashi
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. The plastic was pretty dry rotted, so I'm not sure what is left.

Quick Reply: Throttle Cable Bushing Part Number?