Sponsored by:

Steve Wong chip installed in a Tip car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 AM
ACSGP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steve Wong chip installed in a Tip car

Must say that the seat of the pants impression is good.

A tip car's performance, in stock form, just of idle is pretty soft, even when in manual gear select 1. The improvement is significant, and I use less throttle in taking off.

The chip I have is the 95 RON (ROW) chip, though I always use 98 RON gas. Doing this to eliminate any chance of detonation in the hot weather we have here.

So I have the chip + no cat (pre-91 cars in SG didn't have cats) + primary muffler delete/cup bypass.

Very pleased with the result, and on to the next mod
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 AM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Love to hear that. I'm ready to drop my engine, retime the cams, then dyno the car and get an Air/Fuel map. Then that's off to Steve for a custom chip for my Tip.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
ACSGP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must say I was really impressed today with the SW chip.

I always drive in manual, and when filtering into a main road from a minor one with an up-slope with a significant grade, I took off hard to avoid an on-coming bus. When I looked at the panel, I realised that I took off in 2, and not 1. I was obviously not hit by the bus

What a great mod, esp for tips.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by ACSGP
...A tip car's performance, in stock form, just of idle is pretty soft, even when in manual gear select 1. The improvement is significant, and I use less throttle in taking off...
Good to hear that Tip owners also benefit from SW chip upgrade!

ACSGG,
I know this is a hotly contested topic, but I also noticed the same sensations as you when I first installed my chip.

I had to "subtly" re-adjust the amount of throttle I was using in town. With the chip, the car feels crisper and stronger down low, the sub 4000 RPM power and response is what I’m most happy about.

Quick Reply: Steve Wong chip installed in a Tip car