964 leaking oil

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

here are some "old" and "new" photos.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-1989...ing-fluid.html

Have you run your car since the leak to see if the power steering fluid level has dropped? Just start it up and turn the wheel to lock to lock, then shut it off and note the level.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:04 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Laker" - Thanks for the link regarding ATF. Very interesting. I'll surely be looking at my levels tonight when I get home after work, as it's easy enough to eliminate this potential. I did drive the car after the leak was determined but it was just in and out of the garage and I did not look at the ATF because I had no idea this was a potential.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:49 PM
SAM DACOSTA
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'Laker' - Got home after 10pm from work so did not jack up the car to check for source of leaks as suggested by fellow Rennlisters (Steering Boot to be specific) but did go through the procedure to check for Power Steering Fluid leaks. The level in the reservoir was filled to the max and bright reddish in color. I started the 964 and did a couple of full locks (left and right) and re-checked the level but found no issue with levels.

I have eliminated the Power Steering fluid as a potential source of the leak. I will next look at the Steering Boot.

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: 964 leaking oil